NV4_DISP.DLL and Blue Screen. Novice in forum!! help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!! First of all I'm so glad for entering this amazing forum. Hope you can help me to solve my problem.

Well, when I play some games (Commandos Strike Force demo f.e.) computer crashes and reboots. I unchecked the automatic restart option and a blue screen appeared, with a failure in nv4_disp.dll

i dunno what's a minidump and how to send it to you, so if you can tell me how to do that I will give it to you.

I've got the lastest drivers for my FX5900 (tried another drivers and same result). Curiously, Commandos locks my computer sometimes, but ALWAYS if I hit the restart level option (that's what I do for seeing if I fixed after my solving tries)

Thanks for your attention. ^^

KamE.

My System Specs:

Pentium 4 2Ghz
Motherboard ASUS p4b266
512DDR400 x2
Nvidia GeForce FX5900 last drivers
Sound Blaster Live! Value last drivers
DirectX 9.0c

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go Here and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for your fast-like-noone reply.

Well, I can't find my dumps directory. I'm spanish and my windows too, so maybe it's named different. Please, look at this shot.

Attachments

• look.jpg
    look.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 13
Maybe your Windows isn`t set up to write minidumps when it crashes.

Right click my computer, and select properties. Click on the advanced tab, and under startup and recovery click settings.

Make sure under write debugging information, it is set to write a 64k minidump. also, make sure the overwrite existing file box is unchecked. Click apply/ok.

The small dump directory should be set to %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Regards Howard :)

It seems I can't get that minidumps, even changing te minidump directory for another one different, so I was looking for alternative solutions and found a program. I attach the readme.txt for you.

It solved my problem, at least with this game (commandos strike force) so hope this could help someone or could help you to help the people.

Loooooooooooot of thanks for your quick help. And if you can tell me how to get minidumps working again (again? xD I don't know if they ever worked) I'll be so grateful. Thanks ^^

Attachments

• Readme.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for the info. It`s very much appreciated.

If after following the instructions in my last post, you still can`t get Windows to write a minidump when it crashes. I`m out of ideas I`m afraid.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back