HDD Aging or Failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryiam

Ok every time i try to put my computer on standby or hibernate it it will work but in standby it shuts down then restarts back up then goes to the post screen and starts up from the bios screen, and hibernate mode it goes into hibernation but when you turn the computer back on it tries to restore where i left off then clicks like its turning off or restarting then goes back to bios screen and post when XP loads up it says windows has recovered from a serious error. and directs me to this site. http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....2.0?SGD=f3a58273-3fec-40fc-8628-6ec8c92d3ba7
after it posts and starts XP everything functions properly but i can put my computer in hibernation mode or standby without the computer shutting down or a error when it restarts. So is everything ok?

It says hardware compatiblity problems could be the case. Did you replace something in your pc lately or rearrange something?

I have had a problem like this, my computer would blue screen when it went into standby. But after I reseated the RAM, video card, and reconnected everything it stopped doing that. Try that.

Reseat the ram and video card, and re-connect(Remove and then plug back in) the PSU cords to everything.(INcluding motherboard)

reseated the ram. And Bam works again! Obi-Wan Jerkobi your my hero!!! Thanks man sooooo much!!!!!!!! :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back