My Taskmanager is not popping out when am clicking ctrl+alt+del

Status
Not open for further replies.

prianca

My task manager is not popping out.my laptop was infected with trojan previously and I updated my kaspersky.now its running properly. but there was no ctrl panel access nd regedit access. so I searched some forums nd rectified it..but I was not able to do anything with task manager.... pls do help me with this

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.6 KB · Views: 5
You have got some Windows Updates needed, like XP Service Pack 3 and IE8. But first, try doing a System Restore to an earlier time to try and get the Control Panel access back

taskmgr prob

i did all those and got my ctrl panel but can not access my task manager :(
i thought u would study my log files and tel me wt d prob is

Please don't do a System Restore!

IF you did it, everything that was done in the programs you ran has been undone.

What about this entry Bobbye:
"HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{AFEB6B80-8ACC-4FA9-82C3-27D8449E8F55}: NameServer = 202.63.96.1,202.63.96.13"...

When I want to identify an IP, I usually start with ARIN: (American Registry for Internet Numbers.)

IP 202.63.96.1 is identified there as belonging to the APNIC block (Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre )

Doing the query in APNIC shows this IP to belongs to:

202.63.96.0 - 202.63.127.255
netname: SOUTHERNONLINE
descr: Southern Online Bio Technologies Ltd.,
descr: A3, Samrat Complex Office Block, Saifabad,
descr: HYDERABAD, PinCode -500004.
remarks: http://www.sol.net.in
remarks: A Class B Internet Service Provider
remarks: Operating in AP Telecom Circle, India.

I checked http://www.sol.net.in/ and it appears to be a valid company.

References:
http://ws.arin.net/whois/
http://wq.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl

Since this is a global board and this is a new member with no information available, I'd probably ask the user to verify this is the ISP or work server. If it is not, I'd look further.

Does that help?

prianca, addressing just the Task Manager problem: did you try doing a right click on the Taskbar> Task Manager? Does it appear when you do that?

hmmm... i right clicked on ther taskbar and clicked on link taskmanager. but still the task manager did not pop out

prianca, someone is going to have to take you through the malware cleaning. There are malware infections that render some parts of the OS inaccessible- the Task Manager/regedit/Control Panel being a frequent combination.

I have found it very convenient to launch the Task Manager using the right click on the Taskbar. I found the the three-finger salute (CTRL-ALT-DEL) awkward to do- a lot of users still do it though out of habit from the earlier versions of Windows I personally didn't expect you'd be able to access the Task Manager using the path I gave you.

Please seek help on another board where there will be helpers to guide you through the cleaning. I urge you to have little or no internet connection at this time..

guys my lappy is pretty 5n nw... even my task manager is popping out. i updated it with xp serv ice pack 3. thats it now it running well.. hurray :)

lappy not shutting down properly

my friend's lappy has got a problem guyz... her lappy is getting restarted again nd again. so she formatted it and her wireless drivers are gone,the screen resolution 1366*768 option is not coming and one more thing is it is not shutting down properly. the screen remains indefinetely at shutting down only. her laptop is emachines E725 and she is using xp

You need to go to emachines support site and download and install the missing drivers for video and wireless network

NOTE:

This thread is for the topic My Taskmanager is not popping out when am clicking ctrl+alt+del.

This is not seen as the same system where member posted a duplicate. That thread will be handled separately and will only be for that topic Laptop Not Shutting Down Properly

prianca, you should not mix systems one one thread. Post #16 will be handled separately on that thread you started.

Tmagic, now I see where the duplicate message came from- I had not seen the addition of the friend's laptop to his/her thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back