Phenom 965BE vs i5 760!

Qmark

Hi guys , i wanted to go For i5 760 + ATI 6870 but i found AMD 965BE as great gaming option & better match for ATI 6870 ! both are using AMD Gpus so they can be easily matched !

but i little worry about losing a huge performance while i am playing Heavy games like GTA IV or ARMA 2 , specialy when Crowded Battle Step in ! i am sure that i5 760 will handle those games , & because my Res is low ( 1440 ) then my game would Cause more Pressure on my CPU instead of doing that thing to my GPU !

Phenom get Less Fps than i5 760 in almost all bench marks , but havnt you seen that some times you see huge Bench mark difference Between forexample 5970 & 5830 , but both can run ( for example ) COD 4 same ! so it doesnt matter you get 5830 or 5970 , they will do same for that game ,.

I should say that i wont OC , so we are talking about Stock Speed !

My question is will i5 760 & Phenom 965BE do same for me at Any game , or i will see difference when i play GTA IV or arma 2 or similar games ?

rememeber my Res is 1440 , my vga will be ATI 6870 , & i wont OC , & i wont CF .

according to my Condition , Please answer ! thanks a lot !

Hi guys , i wanted to go For i5 760 + ATI 6870 but i found AMD 965BE as great gaming option & better match for ATI 6870 ! both are using AMD Gpus so they can be easily matched !

I'm sorry, but thats total rubbish.

Your GPU (whether Nvidia or AMD/ATi) will work absolutely fine with any chipset for either CPU manufacturers. The only thing that's dependant on the motherboard for GPU support is enough free PCI Express sockets, and compatibility with SLI/CF when using multiple GPUs.

A HD6870 will work equally well with an AMD CPU, as it will with a Intel CPU.*

*This is taking into consideration the hardware has the performance to run the GPU at maximum. A 1.2GHz Celeron would unlikely release the full potential of any midrange or above GPU.

but i little worry about losing a huge performance while i am playing Heavy games like GTA IV or ARMA 2 , specialy when Crowded Battle Step in ! i am sure that i5 760 will handle those games , & because my Res is low ( 1440 ) then my game would Cause more Pressure on my CPU instead of doing that thing to my GPU !

Like I said, it makes no difference to the GPU. The i5 is better because it is the better CPU.

Phenom get Less Fps than i5 760 in almost all bench marks , but havnt you seen that some times you see huge Bench mark difference Between forexample 5970 & 5830 , but both can run ( for example ) COD 4 same ! so it doesnt matter you get 5830 or 5970 , they will do same for that game ,.

Don't fool yourself, the GPUs make a difference, or they wouldn't be used, or sold to begin with.

The HD5970 is considerably better than the HD5830, in part because it has two GPU cores (I think its two 5850's on one board!), not just one.

Thanks , but you didnt finaly answer this one : Phenom 965BE or i5 760 in my Condition

Then i know that 5970 is much faster , but its useless for gamer who only wanna play Sims 3 for example & he can get max FPS from ATI 5830 !

I would recommend i5 750, because it would be beat the AMD alternative easily, which Leeky has already said.

Leeky said...
Like I said, it makes no difference to the GPU. The i5 is better because it is the better CPU.

Can't anybody simply, "pays their money, and takes their choice" anymore, without either a support group, or starting an argument?

will i experience Lag with Phenom 965 BE ? is it risky Anyway ?

There are a host of variables that must be considered in order to answer that question. What game, what monitor resolution, are you going to overclock ... etc. You can build a capable gaming system on the AMD platform or you can build a more capable rig on the Intel platform. I would add that you're getting a lot of processor for the money with the Core i5-760.

i wont OC , i wont Crossfire , i will use at 1440 rez, i will use ATI 6870 , i will play GTA IV & arma 2 , first person & third person Heavy games , but i wont Play strategic games Like END WAR & games that Camera is From above & soldiers are just a little Dots !

will this details help you ?

either cpu will work for gaming but the i5 760 is the better cpu clock for clock and for gaming in general if that helps you decide. I would personally get the amd cpu because you have the chance to upgrade while the i5 platform will stay the same and is basically dead since sandy bridge is coming out.

What is Sandy bridge ? is it new CPu series ? how much will it Cost ? explain every thing about it !

Captaincracky ! i think you wanna Fight with me ! Why do you always give me such answers ? be Kind , be Cool ! no wanna wants to fight !

can you compare i5 760 & new i5 sandy bridge Series ? 2400 Model?

Captaincracky ! i think you wanna Fight with me ! Why do you always give me such answers ? be Kind , be Cool ! no wanna wants to fight !

The way you're acting towards him and the way you demanded we "explain everything" is going to get you banned pretty fast. No need to jump to conclusions about people wanting to fight you.

In response to your initial question. I would wait for Sandy Bridge which is the next generation of Intel CPUs set to be released in the first quarter of 2011.

P.S. Google translate is garbage.

Oh i got confused , should i forget about i5 760 ?

Not necessarily, but if you want to build your own system it will be necessary to take a more organized and disciplined approach. In order to determine which platform best suits your needs as well as your budget will require a fair amount of research and effort on your part. To help point you in the right direction I’ve pulled together a set of reference links for a hypothetical enthusiast level system build for either an AMD or Intel platform.

Please note that this is not a recommendation for your specific build, it is meant to serve as an example of the information needed to make a well informed decision on platform, components and cost. Each of the configurations below is geared to support gaming in Full HD (resolution of 1920x1080 or 1920x1200) with an average frame rate around 60fps. An additional consideration is to provide a simple upgrade path to support 2560x1600 with the addition of a second graphics card, Crossfire or SLI respectively.

While going through these reviews pay particular attention to the test system configurations and take note of the specific hardware. This will help you understand which specific combinations of hardware can be used for each platform. While reviewing the performance graphs keep an eye open for lower cost components that meet your particular performance needs. Keep a list; in this way you can scale down the cost of either of these configurations to match your budget.

If this seems a bit overwhelming it might be better to start by choosing from some preconfigured systems. There’s a pretty good range of selections in this builder article on Toms Hardware:

Toms Buying Guide

Hopefully, you will find this helpful.

AMD Socket AM3 Enthusiast Level System

Core Components $825~$1,000
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 890FX
Phenom II X4 970 BE
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6970

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 890FX Motherboard Reviews
Hardware Canucks
Bit Tech
Benchmark Reviews
Hexus
MadShrimps

AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Reviews
TechPowerUp
BitTech

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Reviews
TechSpot
Guru 3D
Overclockers Club
Bit Tech
Toms Hardware

Radeon HD 6970 Reviews
TechSpot
TechPowerUp
Guru 3D

Repeat for memory ...
Research Other Motherboards ...

Intel Socket 1156 Enthusiast Level System

Core Components $825~$1,000
ASUS Maximus III Formula
Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
Core i7-875K Lynnfield 2.93GHz
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTX 570

ASUS Maximus III Formula LGA1156 Motherboard Reviews
Hardware Canucks
Overclockers Club
Bit Tech
Overclock 3D
HardOcp

Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield Reviews
Xbit Labs
Bit Tech

Intel Core i7-875K Lynnfield Reviews (Still Socket 1156)
Guru 3D
Bit Tech
Toms Hardware
Legit Reviews

GeForce GTX 570 Reviews
Guru 3D
TechPowerUp
Hardware Canucks

Repeat for memory ...
Research Other Motherboards ...

Finally, if starting from scratch you should go through these steps to select the following hardware & software you'll need:

Case
Power Supply
SSD and/or HDD
CD/DVD Burner
Blu-Ray Support??
Cooling Needs
Keyboard & Mouse
Operating System
Other software you'll likely need
All the other stuff I usually forget

My impression was more of someone who'd been too quick to believe things that aren't necessarily true. I read about it, and hear about it all the time, in exactly the same way.

Check his other posts. He's a total troll.

Back