Help - Daily BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting the ever so intriguing blue screen of death on a daily basis. Generally, when I look at my computer before going to work, there is just a blank blue screen and my computer is locked up. Occasionally I will get a blue screen with a page_fault error. Attached are my last 5 minidumps. I also have saved the files that I upload to Microsoft when I "recover from a serious error" if they will help. Thanking you in advance for any help.

Alicea

P.S. I have removed the cover, reseated the Ram,checked for dust, and moved the CPU to be better ventilated space. Unfortunately it didn't help. Thanks again.

I also am getting a daily BSOD. I keep getting two error messages: driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal and worker_thread_returned_at_bad_IRQL. I'll be in the middle of working and the computer will try to reboot itself. The reboot will fail and I will get one of the two error messages listed above.

I have tried reinstalling the OS and I updated my BIOS version. No new devices have been installed. I'm attaching 5 minidumps. Could someone please review them and point me towards the culprit? Thanks so much!

aliceale said:
I am getting the ever so intriguing blue screen of death on a daily basis. Generally, when I look at my computer before going to work, there is just a blank blue screen and my computer is locked up. Occasionally I will get a blue screen with a page_fault error. Attached are my last 5 minidumps. I also have saved the files that I upload to Microsoft when I "recover from a serious error" if they will help. Thanking you in advance for any help.

Alicea

P.S. I have removed the cover, reseated the Ram,checked for dust, and moved the CPU to be better ventilated space. Unfortunately it didn't help. Thanks again.
Hi Alicea,

Do you install Norton Internet Security? If yes, it maybe the culprit.

I do have Norton Internet Security. Should I disable it, or is there anything I can do to correct the BSODs? Thanks for your help.

Alicea

I disabled it last night and no BSOD so far. Thanks for your help, but really irritating to buy something and have it not work and cause problems!!

Hi

What version of Internet Security do you use? I want to publish it at this forum. We will let Norton aware of this problem and provide a permanent solution.

I have Internet Security Version 8.0.5.14 and Norton Anti-Virus 11.0.11.4. I haven't had a BSOD since I disabled Internet Security. Thanks again for your help. Alicea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back