BSOD - Machine_Check_Exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkroks

well this just sucks! I was busy burning a DVD+R with my NEC 3520A. when my computer froze for about 4secs and then went to those blue screens we all hate..

I think that the error has to do with my burner because before i got it to burn Nero and windows kept reading the DVD+R as a blank CD. So i went into Nero 6.0.0.16 and went to configure. I selected Enable all recorder formats (because it wasn't reading the dvd).. I started the burn, i think it got about 50% done and then caused the BSOD. I am not sure but thats what i think.. I was using Dysan DVD+R 4.7Gb (1-2.4x) discs.. I have burned other dvds before i just dono why it would do this.

Oh also when i went to start the burn i get a message that says nero has a known compatibility issue with this version of windows? I am running windows xp home edition v5.1.2600 with sp2 (oem).

When the BSOD came up i recorded what it said...
the error or whatever was called " Machine_Check_Exception "

and at the end of the BSOD it had the following numbers...
Stop 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x8054D5F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

the wierd thing is when i started windows i got no fatal error recovery msg or anything like that...

anyone know what i should do? i cant find where the minidumps were because no fatal error msg came up... please help me

i seriously doubt its my video card, I have had it for over a month and have been playing games like HL2, BF2, CS Source, DoD Source, Farcy etc. No problems watsoever. I haven't had it again. i think i should go and download the newest nero or something. On that other thread there was a link and it said the problem could be caused by unstable power and other stuff... maybe i will try that.. thanks anyway

Hi,

Do you enable hyper threading? If yes, disable hyper threading or upgrade microsoft hyper threading hot fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back