Can you help? We need in slogan for our new program.

fgroup

Hello.
We have developed a program, which will trace changes in files and folders in real time and keeping your important files safe.
But we cannot choose a title/slogan for this program (now we have only internal working title - backup monitor)

There are such variants, now:
"No bit will be lost" (I like this variant, but I am not sure, that this is good one.)
"Keeping every bit of your data safe"

Please, tell, what do you think about these variants. Or offer your variant, please.

Thank you!

The first one (the one you like) wouldn't be great because it's not gramatically correct. The second one is fine though.

well, I must admit, It is perhaps a little bit close to the mark considering what we're about here, but he asked nicely (and in the right place) so I cut him some slack given that he agreed not to advertise. It only takes one miss-step though...

For the most part I agree with you.

RealBlackStuff said:
Since when are we a sounding board for slogans?
Your previous posts were deleted, as should this!
I could not find the "sounding board for slogans" :-(
So, I have asked this question in forum of computer users :)

What they are saying is that what you are doing could be easily seen as market research, and this isn't a business/sales&marketing board. You are researching what your market would feel is a good slogan for your product.

The reason I've cut you a little slack with it is purely because you've asked nicely and properly, and while it's not breaking the rules as such (to the best of my knowledge), it may perhaps be taking them to their limits. You could also go on from here to be a great member here for all I know. However, as I've said, it only takes one slip this close to the line, and it's gone.

However, I'm a relatively new mod, whereas others have been doing it a lot longer, so really speaking it's their good graces that are allowing me to cut you some slack when you think about it, which could change...

Ok. Sorry for trouble.

I am software developer and I need to get a correct slogan for my new program - no advertisement of it.

I am also moderator of large community - 2800+
( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/swrus )
shareware authours and protect community members from spam, but this protection is ... :bounce: :knock: :hotbounce :hotouch: puke:

Sorry anyway.

I'll try that my next posts will be more valuable and understandable for you :wave:

Lipsmackin' Thirstquenchin' Acetastin' Motivatin' Goodbuzzin' Cooltalkin' Highwalkin' Fastlivin' Evergivin' Coolfizzin' and no bit lost.

Hmmmmm? OK I'll byte

Guardian- Byte & File Chaser

I expect all royalties to go to the "Julio Foundation" for "Challenged computer Illiterates"

Has NE1 found the "ANY" key yet?

I have no problem helping an non native english speaker come up with a slogan for his program. I would hope someone would help me make a slogan in a language i did not speak well. How would this be considered advertising? Bah come on.

I like "No bit will be lost". So does my buddy sitting next to me.

Well these programs are not new by any means. An example is a company called Dantz with a software called Retrospec and they've been around since 1998 at least. With that being said how about this: BYTESAVOUR or BYTESAVIOUR. For something like more of a slogan try: "Taking a Byte out of Data Loss" or " Taking the bite out of Bytes".

I would like all royalties payed to me in small bills on a monthly bases. :approve:

I thank the other moderators for allowing Spike some slack to allow this post, it was kinda fun.

Cheers.

Back