Malware threats - PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am having a lot of yellow triangle exclamamtion marks coming up in my task bar mentioning Malware threats e.t.c

I have ran an AVG Virus scan / AVG Spyware Removal and I still can't get rid of the pop ups and annoying messages.

Please find below Hijackthis log file and SmitFraudFix log file & AVG Spyware Log. This should be everything you need.
YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED ASAP!

Cheers,

Chaser3161

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Video Access ActiveX Object
PartyGaming
PartyPoker

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

isamntr.exe
pmsnrr.exe
isamini.exe
pmmnt.exe
RunApp.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {67982BB7-0F95-44C5-92DC-E3AF3DC19D6D} - C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\isadd.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Protection Bar - {84938242-5C5B-4A55-B6B9-A1507543B418} - C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object\iesplugin.dll

O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe

O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary...r.cab31267.cab

O21 - SSODL: eitheror - {2016a466-91a2-43c6-97d8-2fd380f065ef} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\higehsg.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\PartyGaming<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\Video Access ActiveX Object<Delete the entire folder.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\higehsg.dll

Once your system has rebooted, rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment. See HERE for instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Chaser3161 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread. Please make sure any log files are posted as attachments as per this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Chaser3161 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hi

Hi, I am having a lot of yellow triangle exclamamtion marks coming up in my task bar mentioning Malware threats e.t.c

I have ran an AVG Virus scan / AVG Spyware Removal and I still can't get rid of the pop ups and annoying messages.

Please find below Hijackthis log file and SmitFraudFix log file & AVG Spyware Log. This should be everything you need.
YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED ASAP!

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back