Hijackthis report -removing CiD popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

paqqj

Hello,
Attached is the report I get from running HijackThis. I have XP and my virus scanner is Shaw Secure (like F-Secure). The problem I have is popups that begin with the letters CiD, even though I have my popup bloker turned on. Any help on which items I can let HJT remove safely?

Thanks,
Sam

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    11.2 KB · Views: 17
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with the lop trojan, that`s whats causing your popups.

You`re also running HJT from the wrong location.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Please Download NoLop to your desktop from one of the links below...
http://www.spywareedge.net/nolop/NoLop.exe
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/...pmod;dl=item16

First close any other programs you have running as this will require a reboot
Double click NoLop.exe to run it
Now click the button labelled "Search and Destroy"
<<your computer will now be scanned for infected files>>
When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected, Click OK
Now click the "REBOOT" Button.
A Message should popup from NoLop.
If not, double click the program again and it will finish.

--If you receive an error, "mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered," please download mscomctl.ocx to your system32 folder then rerun the program.-- http://www.boletrice.com/downloads/mscomctl.ocx

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also attach the C:\NoLop.log.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of paqqj only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi again,

I went through your instructions and ran NoLop and also HJT again. Here are the log files.

Sam

Attachments

• NoLop.log
    3 KB · Views: 6
I asked you to attach AVG Antivirus and Combofix logs. Please do so in your next reply, as well as letting me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

Puretest.exe
3264plus.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Greyanteidolobj] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\enc info grey ante\Puretest.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [drawvga] C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\APPLIC~1\PLANAB~1\3264plus.exe

O16 - DPF: {ABAB45AD-4D69-4C01-A4A4-DD105F1EAE61} (mgToolbarPub.Toolbar) - http://citymap.city.nanaimo.bc.ca/activeX/Toolbars.cab

O16 - DPF: {D4328549-2B43-40D5-BBF8-77D6EEA60412} (StorefrontUpload.BulkImageUpload1) - http://www.ldphotostation.com/images/global/activex/StorefrontUpload19.CAB

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\enc info grey ante<Delete the entire folder.

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\APPLIC~1\PLANAB~1<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as well as the other log files requested.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of paqqj only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I am unsure about step 1 of Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Instructions say to close down various Real Time Monitoring programs, but my Shaw Secure wasn't listed so I kept it running. Then when I went on to step3 the TrendMicro scan, my ShawSecure found various viruses coming in from the TrendMicro execution. These included WinFixer Misc and ExploitJavaByteVerify. So at that point I stopped step 3 because I didnt trust it due to all the stuff my trusty ShawSecure found.
Do I need to shut down my ShawSecure? Wont that leave me vulnerable? Can a trust trend micro and others?

All I want you to do, is follow the instructions in my post above. Then, post a fresh HJT log as well as AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs. You don`t need to do anything else.

Run the AVG Antirootkit scanner and let me know the results.

Hi again,

I have completed the various scans you requested. Here are the latest HJT, AVG antispyware, and Combofix reports. Nolop and AVG Antirootkit both came up clean.

Your HJT log is clean.

However, there are items in your AVG Antispyware log that need getting rid of.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

PerfectNav
HQvideo
180SA

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

saap.exe
UWFX6_0001_N68M2301NetInstaller.exe
Tipb.exe
Uninstall.exe

Close task manager.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\180SA<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\HQvideo<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\PerfectNav<Delete the entire folder.
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\UWFX6_0001_N68M2301NetInstaller.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh AVG Antispyware log and make sure you set AVG Antispyware to quarantine results. See HERE for details.

I ran AVG Anti-Spyware to get the attached report. Did you want me to actually "apply all actions" and get AVG to quaranteen Adware.KeenValue and Adware.180Solutions and also to delete the TrackingCookies?

Yes, you need to tell AVG Antispyware to quarantine what it finds, then apply all actions.

That`s the one, well done.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run the Ccleaner programme as per the instructions in step9 of this thread HERE.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

I ran CCleaner and did the System Restore changes. Thank you VERY much for all your help, Howard. It is really appreciated and it was a great learning tutorial for me.

Big thanks!
Sam

CiD Popups

i have constant CiD pop ups coming up on my computer..
Could somebody please help?

Here is the Hijackthis report attached....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back