CiD Ads after MSN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

runekey

Hi, i have norton internet security and i need to get rid of CiD pop-up ads that started appearing after i downloaded "MSN Messenger Plus"!

*mumble* to heck with you, msn *mumble*

Anyway i got superAntiSpyware but it didnt detect anything. I went to "add/remove programs" and have removed everything to do with windows live and CiD (couldnt find "CiD Help) including "windows live messenger (original) and "Windows live home" and selected to "delete sponsor" but they still came (with slightly less intensity). Yes, i found "MSN PLUS! Sponsor Program" and deleted it but the ads keep comming. I searched my computer for any windows live plus remaining. none. I even did a restore computer thing were i went one day before the download. didnt work.

I have running now: comcast desktop doctor, google pop-up blocker, internet explorer pop-up blocker, and Norton security. I coud use "SUPER anti Spyware" if needed, but it brings my computer to a crawl and it already couldnt fin the problem when i did full computer scan, and while it didnt boot right after download, the CiD ads kept on popping-up and popping-down.

I have Trend Micro HiJack this and i was wondering if you could tell me what needs to be "fixed" from this HJT log:

NOTICE: Scan done on account of infection on regular (not safe) mode with "Show hidden files/folders" set to on:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:43:32 AM, on 8/13/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

FULL LOG IS IN ATTATCHMENT!

Im sure you get this alot, but any help would be appriciated. Thank you SO much!

first you need to figure out what the pop-ups are coming from IE is it a CiD website or what copy down that site name and do a google search on whatever it is and type uninstaller or remover and look for a site to have all the registry names then go to start>search and look for all those files if nothing comes up go into a folder like my documents and click tools( at the top), go to folder options, select the view tab, then select show hidden files hit then at towards the top of that window theres a button that says apply to all folders then try running your search again and delete all the registry files that that particular virus,malware,spyware put in via the registry names you looked up. If that doesn't work google a program called schmidtfraud registry cleaner and follow the instructions that has.

[My Web Search Bar] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL,S

[MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe

[SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

I have no Idea why the heck you have so many toolbars but get rid of all of them and that My Web Search is a magnet for Viruses and if i'm not mistaken is a virus unto itself and that superantispyware stuff screams I'm a spyware program masking something that helps you, remove all of your toobarls with the exception of google if you want to keep it then go through and do like I said with the search and folders and delete anything to do with the 2 above mentioned programs

Toolbars gone, right?

alright, i got rid of ALL the toolbars that can cause problems but the problems still persist. Here is my latest scan on regular (not safe) mode under the user with infection with "show hidden folders/files" set to on.

(HJT log in attatchement)

Thanks.

Can you run dss and post the main and extra I want to see what you removed Also Noob if you have not trained please do not try to help you can really damage someones computer if you do not know what you are doing.

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other windows before proceeding.
  • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back