My computer keeps crashing when i connect to the internet or when doing normal task

Status
Not open for further replies.

tefer rodea1

My computer keeps crashing whenever i try to log onto the internet or do any normal task like listening to music or defragmenting my files. This is very annoying and my computer is a very important tool in my life so i would appreciate help ASAP thanks in advance.I have already run hijack this and this is my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:50:01 PM, on 3/27/2007
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://C:/HP/REGION/start.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = file://C:/HP/REGION/start.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = file://C:/HP/REGION/start.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = file://C:/HP/REGION/start.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://C:/HP/REGION/start.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = file://C:/HP/REGION/start.html
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

PLease help me to decide what to take out and what not to.

There isn`t anything obvious in the HJT that would cause the crashes.

80 % of crashes are caused by hardware drivers or faulty memory.

Look in the Event Viewer.Run Memtest.

Try each memory stick on it`s own.Update all drivers.

Get SP1 or SP2,

Also Get a f***** firewall :) Zone Alarm or Kerio or Comodo

Can you attach any Minidumps so that we can read them?

I strongly suggest that you run your anti-virus and spyware software to make sure you are not infected.

Also, you might want to run MemTest86+ to see if you have RAM issues.

NEVER defrag on a system that keeps crashing -- you're likely to trash everything.

Before running defrag, always run->cmd /k chkdsk -f c: first

Then too, I would disconnet the internet; why allow interrupts and file i/o
when you're trying to clean it up?

tefer rodea1 said:
how do u get a mini dump to attach?

To access your Minidumps do the following:

Go to C drive > go to Windows Folder > find Minidump Folder and click on said folder. There will be Minidump files within. I usually make a temporary folder on my desktop screen and transfer my Minidumps files for easy access.

When you post back to this thread attach Minidumps like you would any file or document; the best way is to put them in a Zip format if you can, especially if you have a number of them.

How to attach Minidumps:

Click on Post Reply and scroll down to where you see Manage Attachments and click it on.

A screen will pop up and you will read Upload From Your Computer with a Browse button next to it.

Hit Browse and locate your Folder that containes your Zip File. Click on your ZIP file and then click on Upload.

Your file should attach and then post your reply.

If it will not attach you may have too big a a Zp file (cannot exceed 100.0 kb). I would then make 2 or 3 Zips and attach them.

Is it possible to not have a minidump folder? I followed your instructions for locating it and i can not see the folder.I also tried searching for the folder but it said that it coudnt find it either. PLease write back ASAP thanks in advance

I never heard of not having a Minidump folder. Try this:

1. Click on My Computer.

2. Find your C Drive and click that on

3. Find your Windows Folder and click that on.

4. Now scroll down to find the folder named Minidump. Folders are in alphabetical order.

5. Click on this folder and you should see your Minidump(s). This is what we need.

6. I then will copy this minidump to another folder that I have on my desktop designated just for minidumps. When you need to attach them it is quite easy to have them so accessible.

Does this help?

i no i did all that but there is no folder sayin mini dumps honestly would it help if i just rebooted my whole computer? i have done that before but it didnt fix this problem. There is no minidump file though

wait i dont no if this is important but when my computer freezes it never restarts it just stays frozen until i turn it off manually by holding the power button.Could that be an important factor the problem with my computer?Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

P.S. I restarted my computer and checked again for the minidumps folder and i still dont have it on my computer

wooo... thats bad signs dude. I suggest save yourself all the trouble in the future and start saving all your important data to DVD disks, than do a clean reinstall of Window, update everything and install a reliable firewall + anti virus.

as for the freezing part, im 95% sure its heat related issue. Try open up both of your PC case and have a fan blowing cool air into it and see how long till it freeze up, than do some net surfing and listing to your music. If everything goes well, hurry and save all your data to a DVD than process to formate and reinstall window or bring it to a PC tech to do it for you (worry free)
and buy couple of those small fans and exhauler

PS. I don't have a minidump either in C: window > minidump folder as well :S
its empty.

I took the case off and had fans blowing on it and the first time it went a little longer than usuallly on the internet but then froze again and then the 2nd time i tried it it was back to the usually spot were it froze

ok, keep that fan blowing right at your cpu, than ctrl + alt + deleted and shut down any unnecessary programs, than scan your system with Ad Aware for any spyware. If your pc froze from there i think you might have faulty hardware/software you just recently installed. You can get ad aware here http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html and see if it help.

If the scan went successfully, deleted anything you find malicious, than try burning a few data to your cd and see if it froze up. If it goes smoothly then process to back up all your important data on to DvD disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back