Nvidia GeForce Graphics Driver 304.37 for FreeBSD 64-bit
Driver update in Graphics Cards. Operating system support: Linux.
While you download, a few facts
- Thank you for choosing TechSpot as your download destination. If the download does not begin automatically, click here
- This driver is available for multiple platforms/operating systems.
- This driver has been downloaded 906 times so far
- We have found several related drivers to this one, check them here under the "Related Drivers" tab.
- All downloaded files are on their original form. No installers, download managers or other crappy additions are allowed.
More about this driver
Supported Products: Learn more.
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Quadro K1000M
- Quadro K2000M
- GeForce GTX 680M
- Tesla K10
- Removed the ability to enable SLI on GPUs with ECC enabled.
- Fixed several bugs that prevented some RandR transform geometries from being applied.
- Fixed a bug that caused frequent hangs or crashes on some systems.
- Fixed a bug that would cause corruption and performance issues in certain OpenGL applications such as Amnesia: The Dark Descent on GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused applications that use DirectColor visuals, such as Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Braid, to appear in shades of blue instead of the correct colors.
- Modified handling of RRSetScreenSize requests to ignore requests that do not actually resize the screen. This reduces screen flicker in certain cases when using GNOME.
- Added a new option, "--disable-nouveau" to nvidia-installer. This option changes the action that is chosen by default when Nouveau is detected by nvidia-installer. If the "--disable-nouveau" option is set, then the default will be to attempt to disable Nouveau when it is detected; otherwise, no attempt will be made unless requested.
- Added support for xserver ABI 13 (xorg-server 1.13).
- Added support for RandR per-CRTC gamma manipulation through the RandR 1.2 RRGetCrtcGammaSize, RRGetCrtcGamma, and RRSetCrtcGamma requests.
- Fixed a bug that caused RRSetOutputPrimary requests to incorrectly generate BadValue errors when setting the primary output to None. This caused gnome-settings-daemon to crash after changing the screen configuration in response to a display hotplug or the display change hot-key being pressed.
- Fixed a problem where RENDER Glyphs operations would exhibit severe performance issues in certain cases, such as when used with gradients by Cairo and Chromium.
- Fixed a bug that caused X to hang when resuming certain DisplayPort display devices (such as Apple brand mini-DisplayPort to dual-link DVI adapters) from power-saving mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused an X screen to be extended to Quadro SDI Output devices by default. An X screen will still use an SDI Output device if it is the only display device available. To use a SDI Output device on an X screen with other display devices available, include the SDI Output device with either the "UseDisplayDevice" or "MetaMode" X configuration options.
- Updated X11 modeline validation such that modes not defined in a display device's EDID are discarded if the EDID 1.3 "GTF Supported" flag is unset or if the EDID 1.4 "Continuous Frequency" flag is unset. The new "AllowNonEdidModes" token for the ModeValidation X configuration option can be used to disable this new check.
- Fixed a bug, introduced in the 295.xx release series, with EDID detection on some laptop internal panels. This bug caused the laptop internal panel to show six small copies of the desktop.
- Added support for FXAA, Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing. Using regular anti-aliasing modes or Unified Back Buffers with FXAA is not currently supported.
- Enhanced the functionality of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration option:
- Implicit MetaModes will be added for the primary display device, even if multiple display devices are in use when X is initialized.
- Implicit MetaModes will be added for common resolutions, even if there isn't a mode with that resolution in the mode pool of the display device.
- Extended the syntax of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration option, e.g., to control which display device is used for creation of implicit MetaModes.
- See the description of the IncludeImplicitMetaModes X configuration option in the README for details.
- Modified the handling of the RandR 1.0/1.1 requests RRGetScreenInfo and RRSetScreenConfig (e.g., 'xrandr -q --q1' and 'xrandr --size ...' and 'xrandr --orientation ...') such that they operate on MetaModes. This was the behavior in NVIDIA X driver versions 295.xx and earlier, but 302.xx releases altered the handling of these RandR 1.0/1.1 requests to operate on a single RandR output's modes.
- With the above changes to IncludeImplicitMetaModes and RandR 1.0/1.1 handling, fullscreen applications (e.g., SDL-based applications, Wine), should have more resolutions available to them, and should interact better with multiple monitor configurations.
- Fixed a bug that could cause G8x, G9x, and GT2xx GPUs to display a black screen or corruption after waking up from suspend.
- Fixed several bugs that could cause some OpenGL programs to hang when calling fork(3).
- Fixed an nvidia-settings bug that caused the results of ProbeDisplays queries made with the --display-device-string option to be formatted incorrectly.
- Improved the responsiveness of updates to the nvidia-settings control panel when displays are hotplugged.
- Fixed a bug that caused display corruption when setting some transforms, especially when panning a transformed display.
- Fixed a bug that caused extra RandR events to be generated the first time a display is hotplugged.
- Fixed a bug that caused X11 modelines with '@' in their names to be rejected.
- Added support for DisplayPort 1.2 branch devices, which allow multiple displays to be connected to a single DisplayPort connector on a graphics board.
- Fixed a bug that caused most OpenGL texture uploads to be slow when the context was bound rendering to an RGB overlay drawable.
- Fixed a bug that caused audio over HDMI to not work after restarting the X server on some MCP7x (IGP) GPUs.
- Updated the X configuration option "UseDisplayDevice" to honor the value "none" on any GPU.
- Added RandR output properties _ConnectorLocation, ConnectorNumber, ConnectorType, EDID, _GUID, and SignalFormat. See the README for details on these properties.
- Extended support for Base Mosaic to all G80+ SLI configurations with up to three displays.
- Fixed a bug that caused some monitors to fail to wake from DPMS suspend mode when multiple DisplayPort monitors were attached to one GPU.
- Removed controls for XVideo attributes from the "X Server XVideo Settings" page of the nvidia-settings control panel. XVideo attributes can be configured in XVideo player applications, or through utilities such as xvattr.
- Fixed a bug that caused all ports on an XVideo adaptor to share color correction settings.
- Removed support for the following X configuration options:
- Similar control is available through the NVIDIA HorizSync and VertRefresh X configuration options. Please see the NVIDIA driver README for details.
- Added support for desktop panning when rotation, reflection, or transformation is applied to a display device (either through RandR or through the MetaMode syntax); panning would previously be ignored in that case.
- Implemented hotfix for a privilege escalation vulnerability reported on August 1, 2012. For more details, see: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3140
Supported Products: Learn more.