Save over 50% on Scrivener 2, the award-winning writing app used by NYT best-selling authorsBy TechSpot Deals
When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
There's a reason Microsoft Word has been the go-to word processing program for the past 25 years -- it's easy to use and handles basic and more advanced writing tasks smoothly. But countless professionals, students, and even New York Times best-selling authors are switching over to Scrivener, the award winning word processor and project management app. For a limited time, TechSpot readers can pick up a copy of (PC or Mac) for over 50% off retail value - just $19.50.
Whether you want to immediately jump in and start writing or meticulously plot out everything before word one, Scrivener's individualized, project management-based environment and package of aid functions adapts to your preferred work style.
Scrivener lets you jot down thoughts in storyboard form, create notes, save revisions and even find helpful research, all while you keep writing in the document. Scrivener allows your own process to dictate workflow, all while offering a boatload of specialized tools to help make it happen.
Scrivener 2's top features include:
- View & edit different sections of your writing in isolation or as a whole
- Take a "snapshot" of a document, then edit & rewrite knowing you can restore an earlier revision at any time
- Easily storyboard & rearrange your project
- Utilize the fully-featured outliner to take control of the structure of your work
- Switch to scriptwriting mode for automatic or custom formatting---then export to a dedicated scriptwriting program such as Final Draft
- Load research documents or notes into floating windows for limitless access to reference material, even in full-screen mode
- Synchronize the text of your project w/ mobile apps
Scrivener could be your final word on Word -- and at over 50% off for either Mac or PC versions, it's worth seeing what all the fuss is about.