When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
Benchmarks: 3Dmark2006, X3: Reunion
Test System Specifications
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz) LGA775
- Corsair PC2-6400 2GB DDR2
- ASUS P5W DH Deluxe (Intel 975X)
- OCZ GameXStream (700 watt)
- Seagate 250GB 7200RPM (Serial ATA II)
- Nvidia GeForce 7600GT (256MB)
- ATI Radeon X650XT (256MB)
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro (SP2)
- Nvidia Forceware 91.47
- ATI Catalyst 6.10
- Intel System Drivers 7.2.2
3Dmark2006 shows very little difference in performance between the two middle-weight contenders. While the X1650XT was a fraction quicker at 1024x768 and 1280x1024, the 7600GT made a brief comeback to win the 1600x1200 resolution test by a very small margin.
While the 3Dmark2006 testing was very close, the Radeon X1650XT opened up on the GeForce 7600GT totally destroying it in the X3: Reunion test. The 1024x768 resolution showed a 38% performance advantage favoring the X1650XT, which then turned into a 48% performance advantage by the time 1600x1200 was reached.