Beer can increases Wi-Fi coverage

Really! I don't that that its possible that beer can increase Wi-Fi Coverage. Was that really proven? I want to try.

There are many variations of this DIY project, so far I've had mixed results with them.

few years back i thought the aluminium trick was worthless. recently i got a new N router with rapid internet downstream. the router was wallmounted and the antennas are at close proximity with the wall. what I did was stick 2 aluminium foil sheets on the wall.

ISP downstream plan:100Mbps
Speed acquired from wired connection: avg. 80Mbps
Speed acquired from wireless N: avg. 50Mbps
Speed acquired from wireless N with alumunium foils: avg. 60Mbps

i recommend this for those who have their routers wall mounted, because it only takes minutes and the speed gain is quite worth the effort. i believe alumunium can will be a better candidate for this project.

few years back i thought the aluminium trick was worthless. recently i got a new N router with rapid internet downstream. the router was wallmounted and the antennas are at close proximity with the wall. what I did was stick 2 aluminium foil sheets on the wall.

ISP downstream plan:100Mbps
Speed acquired from wired connection: avg. 80Mbps
Speed acquired from wireless N: avg. 50Mbps
Speed acquired from wireless N with alumunium foils: avg. 60Mbps

i recommend this for those who have their routers wall mounted, because it only takes minutes and the speed gain is quite worth the effort. i believe alumunium can will be a better candidate for this project.

Interesting, thank you.

Anyone ever see the directional antenna made from a pringles can? Buddy of mine works on a drawbridge so he has long periods of waiting for boats. So he made one and could get three bars from condos a half mile away. They were line of sight.

Anyone ever see the directional antenna made from a pringles can? Buddy of mine works on a drawbridge so he has long periods of waiting for boats. So he made one and could get three bars from condos a half mile away. They were line of sight.

Interesting.

Pretty cool, never been that successful with mine might have to try it again sometime.

It's all sort of biblical really. After you finish up beating your swords into plowshares, you can relax by beating beer cans into WiFi antennas.

This also raises the question, do you think beer cans will replace tinfoil for hats?

I've seen numerous CAN-tenna projects. I built one and didn't really notice an improvement. It wasn't very pretty though. I suppose if I did it right it may have worked better though.

:haha: Hahaha, that reminds me of all the cantennas me and my friends would make at this one friend's house. We would have lan parties in his garage, but the wireless router was in the actual house so the signal was awful. We would all set up cantennas with wireless adapters and play CS 1.6 through all the insurmountable lag.

Good times. :D

Back