I'm new into gaming PC's, can anyone help or give input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTM Rider

My computer right now is extremely slow and im going to be buying a new one. I love gaming and want one that doesnt die every time I try to play a new game lol. I went to iBuyPower.com and customized my own computer, I wanted to stay under $800.00 so tell me what you think of this setup and whether it will meet the levels of new games out today. thanks =]

iBuyPower.com

Case- Nzxt Apollo Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply (Orange)

Case Lighting- Cold Cathode Neon Light (Blue)

Power Supply- 500 watt

Processor- AMD Athlon™64 X2 4000+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport
Technology\

Processor Cooling- Extreme-Performance AMD CPU Cooling Fan System Kit

Motherboard- Asus M2N-SLI NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, IEEE 1394, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB

Memory (Ram)- 2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module (Corsair-Value or Major Brand )

Video Card- 2x NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

Video Card Brand- eVGA Brand Video Cards [SLI enabled] Powered by NVIDIA

Hard Drive- 500 GB HARD DRIVE

CD/DVD Drive- 16x DVD-ROM Drive

CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive- 20X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
Sound Card- 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Speaker System- 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System

Network Card- Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

Monitor- None

Keyboard- Logitech Deluxe Keyboard

Mouse- Logitech Optical Internet Mouse

Flash Media Reader/Writer- 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer

Operation System- None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only (already have XP program)

TOTAL- $761.00

take a p35 mobo + a e8400 cpu and you cant go wrong because the p35 is future proof with quads, so when games start making use of the quad cpu you can just buy one and stick in in there

Try something more like this, the SLi graphic cards you've chosen wont get you very far in gaming. One 8800 GT will murder them. I don't know if you need the floppy, CD, mouse keyboard and all that but If I were you Id spare what you have for now. The case is your preference really but you don't need to be spending 100$+ on one. What smurfy2k means is you should get a different processor and motherboard because these will more likely be future compatible but these are also a bit more expensive. Anyway make these changes and it still comes to about the same price but it will be A LOTTT faster.

Case ( Standard ATX Mid-Tower Case w/350W Power Supply [no side window] Black/Silver 2-Tone )
Case Lighting ( None )
Power Supply ( 550 Watt -- Power Supply )
Processor ( AMD Athlon™64 X2 6000+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology )
Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )
Motherboard ( Asus M2N-SLI NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, IEEE 1394, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA )
Hard Drive ( 500 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache] )
2nd Hard Drive ( None )
External Hard Drives [USB 2.0/eSATA] ( None )
CD/DVD Drive ( None )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( None )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Speaker System ( None )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
Floppy Drive ( None )
Monitor ( None )
2nd Monitor ( None )
Keyboard ( None )
Mouse ( None )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in USB 2.0 Ports )
Meter Display ( None )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( None )
Operation System ( None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only )
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner ( None )
USB Flash Drive ( None )
TV Tuner ( None )
Video Camera ( None )
Headset ( None )
Power Protection ( None )
Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

I'd recommend building your own PC, since you'd be able to get a much better PC and you'd also have warranty on each component, besides learning something new in the process.

Yeah I'm with that to, Id get everything separate and build it yourself, its not that hard and when you do you get all the other goodies that come with each separate part. You also have more choice and Its generally cheaper.

Well...........

well im new but i think if your on a tight $800 dollar budget, you should build your own computer. I swear all those custom build your own computer places rip you off some were or another...........

also im not sure the reviews of ibuypower are that great.

umm this might be stupid put... how do you start a new thread?
i don't see a new thread button!

thank you guys a lot for the help. id build my own computer but the problem is that Im not sure as to all the names of the products that would be best to put in it. I know brand names and stuff but as for model and product names im not too good at. plus like i said, im on a kinda tight budget. do any of you have a personal preference of a good computer build that would best fit my budget?

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...EARCH&sortFld=CREATEDATE&sortOrder=DESC&Page=

not strictly mine havn't really looked into them eaither but...............
we can help you pick out parts and stuff. Here's my suggestion

AMD procesors i really don't know about so ill just say about $100

8800GT 512mb Graphics cardMSI just came out with a new $215 dollar one new cooling system or somethinghttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127329

Corsair xms RAM $70 i think http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145168

Case of your choice with power supply, $100 ish

motherboard depending on what your other parts are $115

DVD drive $20 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16827101131

500GB harddrive $100 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145215

Flash media reader $14 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820162016

I think thats it. Oh right, you could use the new 9600 too. its only $170 cheepest and its pretty good but i still recomend the 8800.

That leaves you with about $734 for all of it give or take, that should be about right change or add anything you feel like but i think that should be good. I think your fine on choosing speakers and input.
If your really desparet, look up newegg promocodes. I didnt really find anything that usefull for myself but they have some stuff on AMD windsore i think and speakers and mice

thank you guys so much, I love PC's and Ive always wanted to like know more about them and play me sum kickarse games lol. but seriously, you all helped me out a lot, im pretty excited to try and build my own comp now, it'll make me feel proud haha

It could be a real pain though, if the computer you build has incompatable parts or gets a blue screen of death or something especially when your excited. Just to tell you that not all custom build work all the time. Thats why theres tech forums to help!

I should do fine, i know like 4 people who like live for computers lol, im sure they'd be happy to help me. I'm mostly just a dirt bike and car guy though, im good at takin those apart :D I love technology though and even if somethin wrong happens then at least im learnin rite? lol, but seriously, you went like above and beyond given me this info, i go to other websites and people r just a-holes to me and call me dumb, so i appreciate it a lot. oh and btw, what would you recommend for a good motherboard, because i asked my friends and their answers vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back