Downloaded RAR files CRC failed from site A but not site B

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcyo

Hi guys,

To make it clearer, I would call the sites which I downloaded my stuffs from as the following:
I.Forum 1
1.User A - uploaded his files on Megaupload, Rapidshare and Hotfile(I doubt these filesharing sites have any problems)
a.Many forum users downloaded his stuff and not a single post of reporting any CRC error related issues. So the integrity of the files should not be doubted. If the files are perfectly OK for everyone else, it has got to be me.
b.ALL the stuffs I downloaded from him(uploaded on MU, RS & HF) are extracting fine until about one month ago. Every piece I downloaded failed to extract since then.
*All are done with same computer and same connection. Exact same conditions.
2.User B - Exact same scenario. Post his stuffs on his own blog as well.
3.Basically, every RAR file I download now have CRC error.
II.Forum 2
This forum has their own download server. Stuffs I download here are still miraculously working!
In case you doubt the size of the files. RAR files downloaded from Forum 2 work fine even when they are 300M. Whereas RAR files from Forum 1 always fail, smallest single file being 150M. Smallest divided(.part01.rar files) are 90M.
The contents of the files are different.
Forum 1 - Every type of file.
Forum 2 - Only music and images. (.ape, .jpg, .png, .mp3 etc)
Detail:I only have problem extracting the large files(>90M) from the RAR archives downloaded from MU,RS,HF(Forum1). Though RAR archives downloaded from forum 2's server works even a single file inside is 200+M.

Weird, isn't it?

I suspect this problem to be caused by a virus.(I know it's silly to think this way.)

As:
1.Tried almost every Archiving software.(7-zip, WinRAR, WinAce, ALzip etc, all are updated to the newest version.) Failed.
2.Disabled Anti-Virus. Failed
3.Tried on my Laptop too. Epic fail at the exact same spot during extraction of the same files!
Extra info: Both desktop and Laptop are Core2 Duo processors. Desktop with 1G ram and Laptop with 2G.
I don't think it's a issue with the connection, the hard disk, nothing to do with hardware definitely.

Problem unsolved.
Though I've found an alternative solution by repairing the archives. Extracting perfectly for every file. I'm guessing it's an internet issue.
Older RAR archives without recovery record cannot be recovered!
Urgently need software which repairs CRC errors.(Softwares which can repair .part.rar files!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back