Streching one background over two displays?

magaman598

Is there any way to do this within windows? I've been tinkering quite a bit with it and the only thing I've found is doing it through software.

Anyone have any ideas?

PURE GUESS

Display properties has options Centre, Tile and Stretch. Only tile is likely to give good results, and even then, the original image must probably have the exact dimensions of one screen

e.g If one monitor is 1280x1024 pixels, that would have to be the size of your background file, stored in (typically) C:\windows\web\wallpaper as a JPG

Or alternatively, create an image 2560x1024 Make it only 256 colours if you are short of memory.

As above. I do it buy creating an image the total width of my displays combined in pixels, by the height.

E.g. I have 1920x1080 on one display, and 1680x1050 on another. So I make the wallpaper 3600x1080 pixels, and then set it to span in the wallpaper settings and it then fills the desktop space entirely.

I've tried the tile and stretch options but I haven't had any luck, I also have 2 1920x1080 displays and the dimensions of the desktop are 3840x1080 and I have the wall paper as the same but I haven't had any luck.

Well you need a background thats near the size you want to use, otherwise when you resize it, it will look awful.

Here is mine in W7:

Untitled38.jpg

Here are the settings:

Wallpaper_settings.jpg

I appologise, you need to set the wallapaper to span in Linux, not in Windows. For Windows 7 you set it to tile, as per the above images.

Possibly your video driver gives two fingers to Windows own display settings - I would look at the video card features. On the face of it, your image is much smaller than the desktop and is being tiled four times.

@leaky - gorgeous picture !!

Yeah, the actual image to be used has to be the total size of your displays in pixels. In my case thats 3600x1080 pixels.

@gbhall; thanks dude :) I love it so much I use it as my standard wallpaper in W7 and Linux. :D

If you have Photoshop, or the like, you can create a new document and drag one or more images to it and then stretch duplicate,crop, etc or whatever you want to do with it. You can then save the new desktop in the personalization/desktop.

desktopres.jpg

You lost me there Red. =P

I'll poke around in my Nvidia control panel.

What I was trying to say is that if you have a photo editing software, you can create your own custom multi monitor resolution wallpapers and save them in windows 'personalization'.

*** oh...nevermind :p

Only word I can think of with three *'s is tit... And I'm sure you didn't mean that Red! :haha:

I prefer real ones... Though I do hear silicone implanted versions are better than they used to be. :haha:

Leeky, any possibility of getting a few screenies of your settings and such to see if I'm setting something wrong?

Back