Liquid cooling or fan? Reccomendations please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayotruck

Hi all,
I just bought a new computer a few weeks ago and I was having tons of problems. I currently found out that my new computer is overheating, and because of this, I want to buy some sort of cooling system. I automatically think that liquid cooling would be better but, of course more risky than fan driven. I am interested in overclocking a bit, but from waht i read my mobo is not the most overclocking friendly. I wish i knew that before i bought it, but anyways, I would like some input or Ulrs to which you think is better, liquid or fan, and why? Also is it hard to install? I built my computer from scratch, so could i instal this or should it be takin into a pro?

Thanx

AMD Athlon 64 3500, Asus A8V deluxe mobo, ATI Radeon 9800 pro 256, 1 gig 3200 duel channel 400 Ram,250gig wd sata HD, 120gig samsung HD, 16x DVD

Because your computer is new it will still be under warranty, so I would suggest that you take it back, as doing anything else will probably void the warranty.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

What leads you to believe your computer is overheating? could adding a few more case fans help? or a better CPU heatsink/fan?

I'm a big fan of liquid cooling but it is expensive. I've been using it for 2-3 years now with no problems. Watercooling will keep your temps much lower and if your OCing is limited by temps then you will gain some more speed with water.

SwiftTech and Danger Den offer some nice kits. These may require some modifications to the case for holes for tubing or fan and water block mounting and venting. There are also turnkey water cases that you just mount your boards and drives in. Water Cooled Computer Cases @ Xoxide and Water-cooling.com | PC Water Cooling reviews and articles should provide some more info on this.

The reason im guessing

Im guessing my computer is overheating because anytime i put my case back together i run a game and it crashes in a matter of minutes, and if i remove my side panel and put my home fan facing towards the inside of the case it runs perfectly so, that's the reason. Also as for adding more fans, yah i guess it is an option but, i have a case with a side fan and a top fan, so i figured that would have been enough, but i guess not. Maybe i keep my apartment to hot, lol. As for liquid cooling costing more, thats not an issue. Its only a few hundred dollars, and i want top performance out of my computer so im willing to pay for it. Thanks alot for the links, to tired to read through them tonight/morning, but i will get to them soon. Hard day of world of warcraft. Pretty good game! Anyways does anyone else have any liquid cool, problem issues or any input please write me a quick scribble. A little bit of extra info means alot!

P.S.- as for taking my system in, Nah, got a game to play.

heh, here's to that "Maybe i keep my apartment to hot, lol." I have the temp set to 69 because if it hits 75 and my water radiator is the slightest bit clogged with dust, my computer crashes SETI. I have it at the ragged edge of O.C. for the temperature. once the core hits 44C, SETI crashes.

Crazy overclockers!

Lmao, thats too funny! Haha, as my title says, "Crazy overclockers!"

P.S. my acoount name in world of warcraft is warcry77 if anyone has the game, and wants to play a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back