New gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I have been saving for a long time for this and my new comp finally arrived. It is FX-55 based with some SLI action. I haven't even turned it on yet! I'll be setting it up over the next few days. Take a look.

Check out the Zalman cooler. It's huge!
New_comp.jpg

Here is my SLI action.
SLI.jpg

Now if the thing doesn't melt down when I turn it on, I'll be ready for some gaming for the first time in a long time. Being a daddy takes away from gaming time.

All I can say is ..... WOW. And I agree on the being a daddy thing. I have an almost 3 month old :)

Complete specs

Asus A8N nForce 4 Ultra
FX-55
Zalman Heatsink with 80mm Fan and Arctic Silver compound
2Gb of Mushkin 3200 DDR 400 RAM Low Latency
Nivida 6800 GT x 2
Enermax NoiseTaker Quiet Power Supply 600W
FE991 CRT 19" NEC/Mitsubishi
SB Audigy 2 ZS
36 GB WD Raptor 360 SATA/150 @10,000 RPM X 2
Raid 0 (I realize that Raid has little advantage in gaming but I did it anyway)
Plextor DVD+/-RW (PX-712A
Lite On 16X DVD/48X CD-RW Combo
and a few odds and ends

Saitek Gamer's keyboard
Logitech MX100
Logitech Z series speakers

Purchased through Velocity Micro. Yes, I realize I could have put this together for much cheaper but time is of the essence with me and I really didn't have the time and I had the money so I did it.

Remy StVier said:
Out of curiousity, the two fans on the back are both exhaust?

Yes, I believe they are. I say believe because I haven't had much time to do much on the new rig. I have been out of town and for the past two days I have been setting up a wireless LAN. The setting up was easy but I am getting a very weak signal. My signal has to pass through some thick wooden bookcases and also go through the kitchen which has many electrical appliances. To top it off my ISP is wireless based as I live in relatively rural area with no cable or DSL access. So I have been having to find a good channel on the 2.4ghz range that doesn't receive disturbance from my ISP. I installed a repeater and changed channels so I see how that works.

Also, my version of Far Cry does not like the drivers that came with my system. It will only run in low rez mode!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: I am going to look for some patches and install newer drivers asap!

Okay, I got everything working except the farkin' wireless which is very weak. I am just going to hardwire everything. Anyhow, all games are awesome. I updated Far Cry to 1.3 and it now runs fanstastically. Doom 3 and HL2 look incredible!

I had some time to bench with 3D Mark and AquaMark3.

3DMark05 = 8333
3DMark03 is here
3d_Mark_score1.jpg

BvT

Hi Maestro and forum members,

I am new to the forum and am looking to build my own for the first time. I like your new gaming rig. What case is it? Did you mention what power supply you are using?

Any thoughts or suggestions from any forum members wud be appreciated!

Here's my possible specs -

Antec 550 Watt Power Supply With 2 Fans 5.25 Control Panel, Model "TRUE CONTROL 550W (or PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 SLI ??)
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55, 1MB L2 Cache, 64-bit Socket 939 Processor
Thermaltake K450 Heatpipe for Athlon 64 / Athlon 64 FX55 CL-P0075
ASUS "A8N-SLI Deluxe" nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
TWINX2048-3200PRO DDR-400 (PC-3200) 2GB kit (2 x 1GB) 3-3-3-8
XFX or BFG NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR3 w/Digital and S-Video Out (1 for now upgrade to 2 later when maybe card cheaper)
System drive - 500GB (250GB x 2) Western Digital Caviar® SE 7,200 RPM - maybe raid 0
Storage Drive- 250GB Western Digital Caviar® SE 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache* WD2500JD
Plextor PX716SA
Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS High Definition 7.1 Surround Firewire (IEEE® 1394)
US Robotics® 56K V.92 Performance Pro
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Speaker System w/Digital Hardware Decoder ..still not sure on these seem pretty expensive?

Any help will be appreciated on specs or tips on putting altogether....still only at plan stage. Stil trying to find a case I like as well. Lian Li look cool but $$$

Holy....

To both Maestro and BvT i envy your rigs! I really wish i could compete with that score....Nice Work :cool:

Sean

This says somthing about the FX55

I have the 3500/64 and 2x Asus Extreme n6800 Ultras on the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo and I have the same benchmarks... But I am getting the FX55 soon your cpu fan I was looking at getting but stayed with the retail fan for the time being, that is a good choice for the DVD ROM I have the Same one. but you could have save some money on you harddrives I would have gone with 7200 rpms and a real high cashe heat is bad and you should porduce as little as you can in a gaming system. I know, I was going to go with 10000 rpms and then it was explaind to me why you should not use them.
I do use RAID aswell but is use 1+0 stripping... that reminds me I will have to change my profile on my #1 computer specs. But you good system Chootoes to you I should Post my system, I have a completely lockable front on my new system because I too am a Gaming Daddy of a allmost 3 year old that loves buttons :) :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back