recycle bin in XP not displaying files I deleted HLP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CME

My recycle bin in XP is not displaying files that I deleted. It says that it has 10 items when I try to empty it. But it is stuck at having 10 items and not able to see the files that has been deleted. Each time I empty the bin it keeps showing and asking to delete 10 items, i do, it sounds like it works, but i repete and its the same thing over and over again. The Do not move files to the recycle bin has not been checked in The properties of recycle bin. So that is not the problem.
When I delete anything else, it dose delete from the harddrive.
Is there any way to replace the recycle bin program or fix it? How do I fix this problem? Thanks

Think I had the same problem a few years back. I installed Norton Systemworks. I read on a Norton website that when you empty the recycle bin there are sometimes hidden files left behind. Norton Systemworks offers a second option to remove hidden files I'm sure.

thanx,
but i dont use norton, i use PC-cillion 2002, i tried disabling that then delete, but nothing different.

Open command prompt, go to the Recycle bin directory (probably c:\recycler), remove read-only, hidden & system attributes from directories and files with attrib -r -h -s /S /D *.*. Then move them to another directory (move *.* c:\, for example) and delete them.

this help is great guys but i'm kinnda a noob when it comes to (attrib -r -h -s /S /D *.*. )
not sure what this means
i found the recycler file in the command promt, plz be a little more simpler, sorry, but thanx

Just type the attrib command with its parameters (excluding the last dot) to command prompt (if you are in the right directory) and hit enter.

OMG, ityped it like you said and it worked, my recycle bin works just fine!
thank you so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back