A hacker gets his due

olefarte

This story at "The Inquirer" reminded me of a post today in that somebody wanted to get back at someone who had hacked his site. This is funny. This hacker is real sharp.

Hacker deletes own hard drive

You're going down, man!

By Paul Hales: Wednesday 27 April 2005, 09:31
A CHAT CHANNEL spat ended when a wannabe hacker was duped into deleting his own hard drive.

The 26 year-old German claimed he was the baddest hacker in town and threatened to attack a moderator on #stopHipHop's RC Channel because he thought he'd been thrown out.

He demanded the moderator cough up his IP address and prepare to be hacked.

The moderator sent back a bunch of numbers and there then followed a period in which the moderator assumes all manner of hack tools were unleashed at the IP address.

Finally the hacker declared success."I can see your E: drive disappearing, he gloated, "D: is down 45 percent!" he cried, before disappearing into the ether.

It seems he'd been hot enough to hack his own address. µ

Hehehehe..
It's the oldest trick in the book so this specific piece of news might be internet folklore.

"I am going to hack into your computer. Give me your IP address."

Oh, please. This is not a hacker. This is some buffoon.

"He demanded the moderator cough up his IP address and prepare to be hacked." Yeah right, I am not stupid, either. :)

That story has been going around IRC and other chat systems for many years in different forms. Its almost like an urban legend. Not very believable even back in the day...

Everyone knows 127.0.0.1 is localhost, not your IP...

Thanks for the link Tarkus, that has got to be the biggest ***** of all time. I don't think I've laughed that much in a long time.

True or not, it's hilarious.

<bitchchecker> shut up i hack you
<Elch> ok, i'm quiet, hope you don't show us how good a hacker you are ^^
<bitchchecker> tell me your network number man then you're dead
<Elch> Eh, it's 129.0.0.1
<Elch> or maybe 127.0.0.1
<Elch> yes exactly that's it: 127.0.0.1 I'm waiting for you great attack
<bitchchecker> in five minutes your hard drive is deleted
<Elch> Now I'm frightened

shut up i hack you !!! ;)

Back