Emachines Bad Motherboard Whats A Good Replacement Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I Just Bought A Broken Emachines I Thought The Capacitors Where Blown But They Look Fine The Problem Is It Wont Post It Has A Via Chipset Thats Probly The Problem I Dont Want To Get The Emachines Replacement Because It Costs 2 Much The Emachine Is A T2200 If Any Body Could Help Me Find A Great Fit Motherboard That You Can Hook Up The Front Usb Port To The Motherboard That Would Be Great It Has A Amd Processor And I Would Like It To Have Onboard Video It Dosent Matter What Ram It Takes

Buy a new mobo at Newegg.com (if you live in the US). Much less of a crapshoot on whether it will work or not. What kind of processor do you have?

I am astounded at the amount of faulty e-machines I come across.

Honestly, 2 e-machine problems per day is not rare....

Be sure to replace the power supply!

The reason the motherboard went bad in the first place is most likely the power supply.

Emachines use the flakiest power supply I have ever seen. They'll test good but if you leave it in, your new MB will be fried in about a week. This has happened to me about 6 times in the last couple of years before I learned my lesson. Id replace the original MB in an emachine for a customer and within a week, the new MB was dead!

BE SURE TO REPLACE THE OEM POWER SUPPLY IN ALL EMACHINES!!!!

There are actually a few motherboards out there that your emachine restore ghost CDs will work with! I was doing a little experiment with a spare system... it has an Asus P4B533-VM mobo, has similar specs of the W2888's motherboard. I inserted the restore ghost cds to my parents emachines w2888 and once it was finished, i rebooted the system and windows started up without any problems! I was even able to go into the activation window, change the key code to the old key of my moms old fried emachine T1840 and activate windows. So it was a pure success. So just look up the model of the fried board in the system, find the chipset, and look for a similar motherboard with the same chipset, and you should be set. I don't know of you also had the restore CDs to this system as well, but i figured i would throw in a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back