Blue Screen Of Death - I am plagued with this and Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous999

Hi

My PC suffers from the Dreaded Blue Screen, it sometimes doesnt do it all week then another week it may do it every day or 2-3 times a day, I have tried a few things but am at a loss!

I have run memtest86+ 10 times and can report no memory errors

I have run chcdsk /r /f on both my C and D drive (not done T yet)

D is the boot and is where XP is located

I include the Everest System Report log in HTML and also some of the latest crash dumps.

I really hope someone can give me a hand here to find out why I am having all this grief!

Cheers in advance

Dave

Attachments

• last 4 dumps.zip
    94.8 KB · Views: 5
anonymous999 said:
Hi

My PC suffers from the Dreaded Blue Screen, it sometimes doesnt do it all week then another week it may do it every day or 2-3 times a day, i have tried a few things but am at a loss!

I have run memtest86+ 10 times and can report no memory errors

I have run chcdsk /r /f on both my C and D drive (not done T yet)

D is the boot and is where XP is located

I include the Everest System Report log in HTML and also some of the latest crash dumps.

I really hope someone can give me a hand here to find out why i am having all this grief!

Cheers in advance

Dave

I'm know expert but It sounds like you may need to check your Power supply and fans to see if there getting hot, if so clean your motherboard and parts with canned air "Cant hurt" Anyway I hope this helps!

Late!
Puppetgrimm1

Hi,

Three system crashes are related to memory corruption. The culprit is faulty memory. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well
3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices
If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
1. Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
2. If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

Ok

Last night i ran mem check again, overnight for 15 runs

I got this

Test Pass Failing Address Good Bad Err Bits Count Channel

5 4 0001ca53910 458.1MB ffff7fff ffffffff 00008000 1

5 4 0001da538f0 474.1MB ffff7fff ffffffff 00008000 1

5 4 00016963cd0 361.1MB ffff7fff ffffffff 00008000 1

5 4 00017963cb0 377.1MB ffff7fff ffffffff 00008000 1

Looks likes you were right and its memory after all

I have three sticks installed so is there any way from testing i can tell which slot is the bad memory ?

Hi,

The debug report of minidump is very accurate. You have to test memory module one by one in order to diagnostic which memory module is faulty.

This type of symptoms are usually due to faulty memory. Check your RAM chips to make sure they are ok. Run a mem test.

Ok

I noticed in the Everest html report these two factors

Chipset Properties:
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400
Memory Timings 2-3-3-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
Command Rate (CR) 1T

And the Memory states

SPD Memory Modules:
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)

So could this be the cause of my memory erros and crashing ?

I have changed the bios to 3-3-3-8 and will run memchk overnight again to see if i get any errors.

cpc2004 said:
Hi,

Three system crashes are related to memory corruption. The culprit is faulty memory. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

If three of the crashes from my dumps were from memory then what were the others caused by ? Or could these be due to the memory problem ?

Run Memtest86+ last night through 12 cycles and didnt have a singal error, so my above comment anbout the timing settings in the bios look right!

Many Thanks for your help

Regards

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back