Computer not getting enough heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akabubblbutt

hey, well this is my problem. When ever i boot my computer up it will freeze after my motherboard screen and then i will have to press the restart and then it wont freeze after the motherboard screen. And i think this is caused by not getting enough heat or something. I was just wondering if anyone had a solution.
-thx

I don't really think that lack of heat is the problem. Machines can have issues that cause it to only boot on a warm boot. I have a PC at work right now that does the same exact thing.

LOL, good joke. A computer "freezing" from lack of heat. Anyhow, I'm not sure what is causing the problem but maybe someone else does.

it's possible that due to thermal expansion or contraction a connection is made that makes a circuit work or not work.

Might be bad capacitors, bad capacitors, capacitors have lower ESR at higher temperature... Check the caps on your mobo and PSU for bulges on the top and bottom, along with electrolyte leaks...

akabubblbutt said:
When ever i boot my computer up it will freeze after my motherboard screen and then i will have to press the restart and then it wont freeze after the motherboard screen
does it make it to the windows logo screen before it freezes?
does it make it through the BIOS POST screen (power on self test)?

please specify exactly which point in the boot process it freezes at

dying PSU or HDD perhaps???

it doesnt make it to the windows logo screen when i first turn it on. it just freezes right after the motherboard screen. then i got to restart it and then it will run fine.

hmm, well one thing is for sure... it's not a lack of heat.. lol

but seriously.. I would guess you have a dying PSU or HDD

umm im sorry to say that i am in the learning process of computer technology but could u explain what PSU or HDD is?
=\ am 14

Hey I'm 14 two!!! The Psu is the Power Suply Unit That gets a cable pluged into the computer to Turn it on (converter AC-DC)

The HDD is the Hard Drive Disc, This were everything gets saved to.

More explanation on the PSU(Power Supply Unit) : It converts the power from the wall plug to the lower voltage that the components in your computer need. If it has a problem, it's making interference in the power or the voltage gets wrong and your computer works bad. Sometimes people call it a transformer.

Freezing is just an expression, it just means that there's no more activity. Too much heat could cause it to "freeze".

If restarting changes something, I would look, like the others told, the Power Supply and the Hard Disc Drive. When I had a similar problems, I had to update the BIOS and change it's settings.

BIOS : The "motherboard screen" is what you see from it. The BIOS is a very small piece of software on your motherboard allowing your computer to boot correctly and is also used to keep the hour and set the motherboard speed.

My 2 cents. if you don't feel comfortable to do it yourself, just get a friend who knows computers to eject and reseat all your PSU connections, or to get a stronger PSU.

Try changing the boot sequence in BIOS. In your case, it could be that the BIOS is trying to boot something that draws too much power. perhaps changing this sequence might just be enough to ensure enough power to every boot item.

I have a similar problem but I have replaced my memory so I think it is a Chip problem and you will need a replacement chip. I have a ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard in the computer with the problem. It does not reach the mem test screen and will not enter bios. If I hit Del fast enough then It says entering setup but does not. Because up to this point the chip is not involved only the ROM and BIOS I suspect that it is a Processor problem. It is a 64bit though. It is also not the PSU because it is a 650 Watt and the computer never turns off only freezes at the very first initial screen. After the Beep. Therefore it does not make it to the Power on Self Test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back