Question about signatures

MetalX

I was just wondering if we are allowed to have images in our signatures here on TS. I have been on other sites where it is allowed but I wanted to be sure before I put one in.

well i noticed that you are for certain that they're not allowed however, it wouldn't hurt giving it a try? i mean you have to top staff to take care of people who step out of line as far as bringing images with contents not allowed on here, but i personally think sigs are best because they give some type of insight to the creativeness of others :p well anyways i do hope it does get accepted and can be used here :D

Images waste space and bandwidth.

If one is creative, then she can show off her stuff in the Gallery.

At one point I believe images were allowed here back in the 3DSpotlight days - but it got out of control for many people and made the forums look pretty messy even with size limitations on the images. One line posts took up way too much space.

I agree. Techspot looks very clean, and it´s easy to read. Images would make Techspot hard and annoying to read, and people with slow, dial up connections, would suffer even more.

Even with broadband.. If someone has linked their sig to a slow server, it will take forever to load a thread.

I think on sites devoted to gaming and the like, image sigs are a good choice. But with a site like that, it is better jsut to keep things clean.

Could signatures taller than three lines be somehow prevented (other than me messaging the user who would just ignore me) ?

I agree with Mictlantecuhtli, I hate it when I see someone with ~10 lines in their signature; I feel like I have to read it ;) , as well as the fact that it takes up needless space. They should learn just to put up the specs of "1" computer with only it's main parts; we don't need to know what sauldering tool you used to mend the plastic of your case :haha: !

Is this a persistent problem? Because I can install a hack that can help with this. I remember from a while ago something like this was available.

It would be nice if signatures could be no longer than three or 4 lines long. If people want to put their system specs in their signatures, they can just put all the parts on one or 2 lines, with each individual part separated by a vertical bar or a colon or something. I'd say no images in signatures because they make it too full, and as mentioned before, they make one-line posts too long. I've seen other forums where people had size 20 text; I'm not sure if I saw images, but if too large, they get kinda annoying as well.

I don't know about persistent, but there are some new(ish) members who have quite tall signatures (with PC details in them), and usually the signature is longer than the post itself.

Well I have like 3-4 lines in my signatures but they arnt annoying like the new ones ;) ( I added color to make it more flashy )

ideal signatures i reckon should stay about 3 or less.. up to 5 is ok i guess, but anything above that is plain rediculous...

Its not too bad with the signatures on this forum. I`ve seen other forums and all you can see are avatars and signatures bloating the screen.

Back