TechSpot

1TB Colossus SSD to ship this month for $2,500

By Matthew
Aug 3, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. About two months back we announced the unveiling of OCZ\'s 1TB Colossus SSD. At that time the company hadn\'t disclosed a price or an official release date outside of an 8-week launch timeframe. They\'ve recently made this information public, and we weren\'t kidding when we said you would pay dearly.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

Well, they finally have the size right. Now let's drop a zero off of that price and I'm first in line to get one! ;-)
  3. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Rookie Posts: 260

Finally! an SSD with a large amount of space that we can actually use. But, I don't have 2500 to spend on one when next year that last zero will fall off...

When I bought my first flash drive it was $50 dollars for a 1GB. Now you can pay $10 dollars for an $8GB stick. It's all about timing.
  4. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,159   +174

It's a good start at least. The more in the market, and the sooner, the better.
  5. I recall computers (BIG SYSTEMS) with smaller total ram than Apples Keyboard...

I recall paying $400+ for a 'doubling of memory' upgrade... I went from 2 megs to 4 megs...

Young pups today don't know memory cram problems.

I used to work in a shop that closed down to discuss if a 'bit' was available for use.
  6. Whats the point of 3.5" SSD's?
    2.5" drives you can fit more in your case..
  7. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 311

I like 3.5 because it fits most cases still in use today. 2.5 I usually just let it hang there or Velcro.. Not the best option in my option so the 3.5 is a welcome change in my book. Cases have more enough room for multiple 3.5 hard drives
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.