TechSpot

1TB Colossus SSD to ship this month for $2,500

By Matthew
Aug 3, 2009
  1. About two months back we announced the unveiling of OCZ\'s 1TB Colossus SSD. At that time the company hadn\'t disclosed a price or an official release date outside of an 8-week launch timeframe. They\'ve recently made this information public, and we weren\'t kidding when we said you would pay dearly.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,559   +599

Well, they finally have the size right. Now let's drop a zero off of that price and I'm first in line to get one! ;-)

3. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Enthusiast Posts: 221

Finally! an SSD with a large amount of space that we can actually use. But, I don't have 2500 to spend on one when next year that last zero will fall off...

When I bought my first flash drive it was $50 dollars for a 1GB. Now you can pay $10 dollars for an $8GB stick. It's all about timing.

4. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,624   +378

It's a good start at least. The more in the market, and the sooner, the better.

5. I recall computers (BIG SYSTEMS) with smaller total ram than Apples Keyboard...

I recall paying $400+ for a 'doubling of memory' upgrade... I went from 2 megs to 4 megs...

Young pups today don't know memory cram problems.

I used to work in a shop that closed down to discuss if a 'bit' was available for use.

6. Whats the point of 3.5" SSD's?
    2.5" drives you can fit more in your case..

7. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 308

I like 3.5 because it fits most cases still in use today. 2.5 I usually just let it hang there or Velcro.. Not the best option in my option so the 3.5 is a welcome change in my book. Cases have more enough room for multiple 3.5 hard drives

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.