Amd athlon 64 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

transviruses

lately im thinking to get a new motherboard. i got a AMD athlon 64 3200+. im not sure if there are more than 2 types of socket for the 3200+? 939 or 754
thank you

Yes, there are two different Athlon64 3200 cpus. A 939 socket and a 754 as you suspected.

There is also socket A if your CPU is the AthlonXP 3200.

Do you know your motherboard make/model? That is the easiest way to tell what socket your CPU is.

You can download and run this program to find out what you have:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html

I don't know if you already know this or not, but I'll toss it out there for you anyways.

The CPU socket is not the only thing you have to match if you are upgrading.

The other major things that you have to watch for are for example your graphics card. Do you currently have integrated graphics? AGP? PCIe?

Something to think about. Would hate for you to get a new board and not have the graphics card to be able to boot up with.

What about your case's form factor? ATX? Make sure your case can fit your new motherboard.

What else do you currently have hooked up to your motherboard? Any other PCI cards? How many USB ports will you need? Do you need Sata connectors for your hard drives? Things to keep in mind.

Good luck!

i have ati radeon x800 pro 256 mb(AGP 8), amd athlon 64 socket 754, 120 gb (ATA)of hard drive space, 1 gb ram, antec true power 2.0 430w, creative sound blaster(forgot what model is it)
some one gave a suggestion on what kind of motherboard should i get, is the ASUS k8n-e. i think its a pretty good choice and cheap too $99.95 CAD

Looks like a nice system!

Congrats on the new board. I am an Asus fan (for the most part) as I rarely have problems with them, and when I do, Asus is pretty good at cleaning things up. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back