AMD releases Crimson hotfix; Nvidia publishes Game Ready drivers for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege

Shawn Knight

Staff member

AMD’s recent launch of its Radeon Software Crimson driver didn’t exactly go as planned as a software bug caused video card fan speeds to drop to 20 percent and stay there for some users, even during intense gaming sessions.

The chipmaker has since released a hotfix to remedy the issue which you can pick up automatically through the Radeon Settings utility or manually download and install by clicking here.

Fan issues aside, AMD seems to be on the right track with its new software. As Tim explained at launch, the main addition is a redesigned driver utility that’s now much easier to navigate thanks to an improved UI.

Team Nvidia also has a new set of drivers out today. The latest Game Ready driver, GeForce 359.06 WHQL, was developed specifically for Just Cause 3 and Rainbow Six: Siege – both of which launched today. Nvidia says the new drivers feature Game Ready optimizations for Avalanche Studios’ open-world, chaotic sandbox as well as Game Ready optimizations and an SLI profile for Ubisoft’s tactical action game.

Fair or not, Rainbow Six: Siege will no doubt be overshadowed by the launch of Just Cause 3. The latter had a ton of hype behind it with breathtaking landscapes and some clever new tools like the wingsuit which, combined with the grapple hook, opens up all sorts of new possibilities to help traverse the game’s islands.

You can pick up Nvidia's latest for Windows 10 by clicking here or grab it for Windows XP /7 / 8 right here.

Permalink to story.

I bought and played the 1st Just Cause when it was released a few years back and thought it was a pile of crap and I'd wasted my money so I won't bother with this franchise again but I also played a few RB6 titles and I enjoyed them so I'll most likely redeem my free game voucher for this game.

I bought and played the 1st Just Cause when it was released a few years back and thought it was a pile of crap and I'd wasted my money so I won't bother with this franchise again but I also played a few RB6 titles and I enjoyed them so I'll most likely redeem my free game voucher for this game.

I can understand it won't appeal to all but I have been playing a bit of Just Cause 3 over the past few hours and it is amazing fun :)

I can also report solid performance from both camps.

1440p (Max Quality Settings) FXAA

Radeon R9 390X = 59fps
GeForce GTX 980 = 60fps

Installing new drivers is far from difficult, albeit a little annoying, but I have to admit, updating drivers via GFE is soooo much easier.

I can understand it won't appeal to all but I have been playing a bit of Just Cause 3 over the past few hours and it is amazing fun :)

I can also report solid performance from both camps.

1440p (Max Quality Settings) FXAA

Radeon R9 390X = 59fps
GeForce GTX 980 = 60fps
For the first hour or so JC it was great fun to play but then everything got so repetitive. I just couldn't finish it.

Back