0.0%
By Spikyalex
Feb 1, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd just like your opinions on the big boys......... i'm an AMD fan myself
  2. Spike

Spike TS Rookie Posts: 2,371

My sincere apologies for having to say this, but this subject has already ben done to death. However, I see some original thinking going on here with your adding the choice of "other", but I fear that there are not enough people using alternative processors for this to make much difference, with the notable exception of Mac users, who can't pick Intel or AMD anyway.

However, from your post count, it looks like you're new here and so I'll indulge you just this once and vote for AMD (but if you search for previous posts on this subject in this forum you will see that there is really no outright answer.)
  3. Spikyalex

Spikyalex TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

sorry about that, i was bored so i was just trying to think of something to ask people lol....... would be interesting to see how many people use 'other' processors. I reckon i know the answer though lol.
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

If everyone started posting threads out of boredom, the forums would sink. If nothing interesting gets said in this thread, it might as well get canned.
  5. Athena

Athena TS Rookie Posts: 69

AMD is the way to go. Cheaper and faster. What more could I want in my PC?
    Oh yes SLI 7800 GTX KOs!!! :D
  6. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

Amd: cheaper (grunt per $), faster, 4 gaming, best if on a budget
    intel: expensive, depends, more grunt/less heat (exeption of prescot :p) soso gaming
    mac (using i think motorola cpu?/non-intel version): near-crap tech support, parts scarce, non serviceable (most of it), best for video/music/graphic editing
    ibm: xbox 360, business/school comps, crap for games or grunt.

there. no bias =)
    [well, at least apart from my vote :p)
  7. DragonMaster

DragonMaster TS Rookie Posts: 430

Some say they use Mac just not to use M$ software. If I say Linux, they don't know how to react... What's funny is when I see only IE as browser and M$ office as office suite on their computer.

AMD! Why? I'm either not lucky with Intels or they just keep crashing. Also, AMD is the smallest company between both and I think I should rather help them than Intel.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.