Another BSOD problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.
I have an ugly BSOD problem that I was getting right from the start without installing any software and things like that.

I barely know anything about computers so please be descriptive, because I might not understand. (Yes I am that stupid).

I've been getting 4 particular BSOD's up to date. (In 2 days) Which are...
7E
0A
8E

Now... I have 27 minidumps in my minidump folder. Most of the BSOD's occur when I try to launch a demanding game. (Americas army, Splinter Cell and GTA SA)

My system.

AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+ @ 2.4 Ghz
RAM 2Gb's.
GeForce 8600GT
HDD 250

I hope I could get an answer, because this is pretty frustrating as I keep crashing AND BSOD'ing in games. Sometimes these BSOD's occur when I simply do nothing.

Oh and the temperature's around 47-52 C

I would really appreciate an answer...

You've got two strong signs of a RAM problem. Bugcheck 1A is a symptom of faulty RAM, and crashing at IRQL 1c is a symptom of a hardware problem, with RAM at the top of the list.

Try running with just one stick of RAM at a time. Swap them over if it still crashes, or after a period of time if it hasn't crashed.

BugCheck 1A, {41284, 193a001, ee2, c0883000}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiLocateWsle+c1 )

BugCheck 100000D1, {ffffffff, 1c, 1, 80004b1f} <-- IRQL 1c
Probably caused by : Dxapi.sys ( Dxapi!vDxFlip+c )

Wow... You are right. I removed one of the RAMs and the crashes have completely stopped. (Except for GTA SA)

So... What should I do with the faulty RAM?

SkatZ said:
Wow... You are right. I removed one of the RAMs and the crashes have completely stopped. (Except for GTA SA)

So... What should I do with the faulty RAM?

It should have a lifetime warrenty. All reputable manufactuers provide this. I would contact the place you purchased from and ask for a replacement.

Your temperatures are very high. What kind of cooling does your system provide?

Route44 said:
It should have a lifetime warrenty. All reputable manufactuers provide this. I would contact the place you purchased from and ask for a replacement.

Your temperatures are very high. What kind of cooling does your system provide?

Where can I find that out? :D

SkatZ said:
Where can I find that out? :D

Well let me ask you, did you build this system, did someone else build this system for you, or did your purchase a full system from a dealer like Dell or HP?

SkatZ said:
A friend built it for me.

If you bought it from Dell or any other company I would say that I would contact them pronto, but that isn't the case. I therefore would definitly let your friend know of your various BSODs.

1. You've got to discover why your PC is running so hot. Some serious damage will occur if this situation isn't corrected soon.

2. He should know what RAM he put in and where he purchased it from. You should not have to pay for new RAM, just exchange it.

(Nice set-up; what is the make and model of your motherboard and RAM?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back