Apple posts another record quarter, $3.25 billion profit

By Matthew
Jul 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Citing strong demand for just about every product in its arsenal, Apple has announced yet another best-ever quarter, generating $15.7 billion in sales and a profit of $3.25 billion, which is up 61% from $9.73 billion and 78% from $1.83 billion in the year-ago period. During the fiscal third quarter, Mac computer sales increased by a record 33% to 3.47 million from 2.6 million in 2009. The period ending June 26 also marked the first full quarter of sales for the iPad, which sold 3.27 million units.

Read the whole story
  2. They should spend some of that on some honesty courses.
  3. I just wonder if the government *****s in congress will go after "EVIL" Apple because they made a HUGE profit, like they do Microsoft, Wal-Mart etc.... Probably not.
  4. Great work apple, I continue to enjoy your products. Don't listen to the haters.
  5. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Great work fanboy. I continue to enjoy you defending a flawed product. Don't listen to the smart people.
  6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,361   +823

Apple, wow, they're at least as obnoxious as an oil company.
  7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

The best comment I can remember of is "They could take a ****, paint it white, put an Apple logo on it and would make a best seller thanks to fanboys".
  8. Battle of the teenagers
  9. @Guest No. 3 hows Steve Job's *** from your vantage point?
  10. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,781   +638

Unavailable information. Too close to focus properly.
  11. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,361   +823

Is it true that Steve Jobs turns off his iPad and just stares at his own reflection?

12. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

Yes! :)
  13. captaincranky said:
    Is it true that Steve Jobs turns off his iPad and just stares at his own reflection?

All the while singing " I'm too sexy for my ipod, too sexy for my ipod it hurts!"
  14. Lol :) you are such a *****
  15. windmill007

windmill007 Newcomer, in training Posts: 311

APPLE.... how evil empires are built
  16. connu

connu Newcomer, in training

Go ahead and donate some of that money to me.
  17. natefalk

natefalk Newcomer, in training Posts: 78

Easy to do when you make a product that people will pay anything to have...yes, I'm talkin to you fanboys...

According to iSuppli the iPhone 4 costs $187.51 in parts (Apple makes around $600 per phone sold). iSuppli has also estimated that the $499 Wi-Fi iPad costs $260 to make. I'm sure everyone is aware of the labor involved to make these products, so overhead costs have got to be very low.... That's how you make an easy 3.25 bil in profits, huge profit margin and relatively small overhead costs.

@Guest#2: FYI, congress doesn't enforce the law, they make the laws. Get your facts straight! Anti-trust laws have been in place since 1890 (Sherman Act) and again in 1914 (Clayton Act). Every business in the US is subject to these laws. It's not like the members of congress get together and say "Microsoft & Walmart make too much money, lets get some from them".
  18. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Well hey, when your iBattery goes so does your iDevice. Thats good for the enviroment...
  19. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I always laugh when Apple fanboys point proudly to Apple's profits like its something good for them. They don't realize that Apple's huge profit comes out of their wallets. And they contribute far more profit, per item, than other consumers.
  20. maestromasada

maestromasada Newcomer, in training Posts: 97

is it true that this qualification called 'iFan' (i Fiddle Apple Nest) is coming alive? You pay a premium with your product and they offer you a 3 days training, teaching you how to hold your iPhone, how to pay for your iProcuts, get your iTunes tuned and show you how your iPad will iWork ever with your iWireless router. That's sound great! They even give you at the end a poster with sexy Steve Jobs and his signature (iMe) on one corner, so you can proudly hang on your bedroom and kiss before going to bed,

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.