Apple rakes in 75% of all mobile phone profits in Q4 2011

By Jos
Feb 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple may be trailing Nokia and Samsung in global mobile phone market share, but when it comes to the all-important bottom line the company is crushing the competition. Analyst Horaceā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. This mean only one thing, apple products are way too expensive.
  3. Tomorrow_Rains

Tomorrow_Rains TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 179

yep, it also means that 100 apple owners amounts to 600 samsung owners, since samsungs are much cheaper.

Still you have to hand it to apple. they can trick a horse to drink piss instead of fresh water.
  4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 1,980   +53 Staff Member

The iPhone 3GS is available for free on contract, the iPhone 4 is $100 and the 4S $200. I think they are pretty much in line with the competition and even cheaper in some cases. For example, the Motorola Droid Razr and Samsung Galaxy Nexus launched at $300 with a two-year contract.
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,259   +41

I don't think its the new contracts that are to blame. Its apple fans paying the premium to upgrade before their contract allows them too for a decent price. I'm sure that has something to do with it.
  6. I don't know if its really Apple squeezing the consumers as much as they squeeze their suppliers. Their products are actually priced in line with comparable products...They just put more slave lobor into effect to makes those obscene profits.
  7. Ultraman1966

Ultraman1966 Newcomer, in training Posts: 64

Those are also US prices Jos, not everywhere has subsidised phones. Even in the UK where it is subsided you'll find that having to pay extra to get an iPhone on contract is the norm. That graph shows clearly that Apple has their consumers by the balls and are squeezing them dry...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.