Are Dell Laptop Service Tags Unique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
....in that does each dell have it's own one-of-a-kind tag? Is it possible that some of the passwords handed out by Rustam could be used on other machines besides the one specifically identified for that particular password? Just wondering.....you'll never guess what my problem is.......:)

Latitude D610
Tag 5H450B1-595B

I'm about to short the eeprom, legs 3 & 5.......I don't know where it is or what it looks like or the prong orientation.....pictures anyone? Please e-mail them to me. Also, what kind of damage can this procedure do if not done correctly? :)

Dell D620 password

imfromjupiter,
According to Dell and verified by a technician I know, every Service Tag is unique. It does not seem possible for a password to unlock more than one machine.
It is possible to render your laptop useless if you short the wrong pins. A better solution would be to post your Service Tag (from the "gray screen of doom.") It should look somthing like XXXXXXX-XXXX, where the X could be alpha or numeric. With that information a person with a master p/w generator could post the one you need.
Good Luck...

Rustam, PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Rustam,

I've got the Gray Screen of Dealth :>(
I've done extensive research on how to slove this problem but to no avail, I have read almost every thread on this site about this problem and it seems your the man when it comes to beating this nasty gray screen, PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT,

heres my info:

Service Tag number: #1NKKXD1-595B

ok so heres the story, my girlfriend's brother is a geek-squad wannabe, he was trying to make her computer more "safe and secure" and entered the password for her bios incorrectly and now she is locked out. I thought I could fix it for her (I'm way more computer savy than her brother lol) until I realized how secure the bios password screen was, so now I'm stuck. we tried guessing the incorrect password but to no avail. I've searched high and low and I got nothing. If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated to say the least.

my email is: PleaseHelp0079@ live.com(I created it specifically for this thread to avoid the spam problem lol)

Email me if you need more information

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back