Asus developing a rival to Apple's mysterious tablet?

By Matthew
Dec 11, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Industry sources have reportedly informed DigiTimes that Asus is "making preparations to launch" a new tablet PC. The tipsters claim Asus' device is named "Eee Pad" and is inspired by Apple's mysterious tablet, which is expected to debut next year. Supposed features include a 4-inch or 7-inch display with a "combination of tablet PC and MID functions." Apart from those few details, little information is currently available.

Read the whole story
  2. gunste24

gunste24 Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

A small computer with limited function may have some good uses. I am currently searching for a means to display voice to text without using the Internet. It needs to be a local, real time system, which would serve deaf and hearing impaired people in restaurants and other noisy surroundings. Most available system use high end gadgets like the iPhone or Blackberry and must communicate via a server to get the "translation" to text for display. I need it local, real time and without external connections. A 4x7in tablet might be a pretty close to what I would want. There has to be a good sized market of hearing impaired and deaf people who could use this device at a reasonable price.
  3. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 565   +30

That would be a great idea gunste24!

Also I like the way ASUS is 'branching' out and being an innovative competitor in the pc and electronics arena.
  4. pkww2

pkww2 Newcomer, in training Posts: 22

Asus is the OEM of "A" company for a long time, they always have similiar items out with other big boys, no surprise!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.