Asus m2n-e SLI & AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1055T 2.80GHz

By Ollie30001
Aug 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. altight all?

im looking to do a fairly cheap upgrade but i am unsure if the CPU mentioned in the title would work with the motherboard?
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,279   +180

According to the Asus website, that processor is not supported by that motherboard. Click here: Asus
  3. Alster37

Alster37 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 324

woundn't a bios update fix that mailpup? I mean im suprised mine can support a six core.
  4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,279   +180

In theory it could but no BIOS is offered on the Asus website to enable support for that processor.

Your Gigabyte board does offer a BIOS revision to support the Phenom II X6.
  5. Alster37

Alster37 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 324

Im in the same situation here but mines a am2+ board. Im fitting a phenom x4 965 instead of a hexa core saving £100. You could do the same but get a new motherboard to support that processor. If that sounds like a good idea on your part il happily help you choose you new mobo.
  6. Lethal Larry

Lethal Larry Newcomer, in training

you managed to find a Phenom 965??!?
    That's the chip I was planning to get - totally unavailable so I had to settle for the Athlon II X4 635....
    I have the same mobo, btw...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.