Asus unleashes Lamborghini VX6, VX7 notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Asus is making the most of its time at Computex this year, having already unveiled a range of slate devices and ROG-branded hardware. Today the Taiwanese PC maker showed its redesigned premium Lamborghini VX6 and VX7 notebooks, which measure 12.1 and 15.6 inches. Both systems feature a glossy shell, a chiclet keyboard, a Bang & Olufsen ICEpower sound system, and they're embellished in automotive trinkets.

The VX6 is more along the lines of a netbook on steroids than a standard notebook PC, packing a dual-core 1.83GHz Intel Atom D525, Nvidia Ion 2 discrete graphics, 4GB of RAM, a display resolution of 1,366x768, as well as USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity. The VX7 stirs in Core i3, i5, and i7 processors, up to 16GB of RAM, Nvidia N11E-GS DirectX 11 graphics, and a 1080p display.

Asus hasn't revealed anything in the way of pricing or availability.

Permalink to story.

God damn. I never thought I would say this to a device that's composed of metal, chips, and other electronic devices; but these laptops are SEXY.

The sound system sounds like it could be the first ever decent one built into a laptop, when i'm a millionaire =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back