Greetings from Australia.

Computer
---------
CPU: AMD Athlon XP +3200 x64
Video: ATI Radeon 9600 XT (128Mb)
Ram: 1Gb DDR @ 400MHz
Board: Gigabyte K8NS Pro
---------

My friend has been having problems with his video card for quite some time now. I am aware that there is another thread with the same problem on these forums but it was a waste of time reading.

Ok here's the prob...

We jump onto a game play a game for like 5 minutes or so and then the game and video decides to die. I can still hear sound but from what I can tell controls are not responding hence I cannot hear myself fire a weapon (in Counter-Strike) all I can hear is like background noise like ambience.

I fixed this problem for him a while ago by downloading a previous beta version of the RADEON drivers from the ATI website, but those drivers are no longer hosted there.

If anyone knows a fix for this problem, can they please post a fix or the information I need to repair this problem.

Thanks... tHe KuMdOwN kInG! :eek:

Same thing happeend to me...

I had this same issue a few days ago. I downed new drivers, directx, format, tested power, heat, etc. Nothing worked, this only happens in Direct X games, not Windows apps explorer, word anything. I formatted my drive thinking it may be a virus, then I found this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315614/en-us

Try this before doing anythign else.

Problem Solved

Thanks for the reply dude, but I have already worked out the problem. After reading heapds of threads in forums reguarding the same problem I worked out that alot of the games made today dont support 8x AGP. All I had to do was turn the AGPx down to 4x and everything began to run fine. It was a setting in my mates BIOS. It had nothing to do with the drivers or anything software related. Thanks for the help.

(SOLVED)

KuMdOwN kInG! (Respect!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back