Aug 24th 1995 Windows 95 Launced - Do you Remember

Gosh, sure do remember. Had been programming on my Commadore. Ran BBS's in the Air Force. And worked on their computers. Can remember people talking about whether the Commadore would ever become non existant. Was working with IBM, the PC room was quite large. I did get my 386, which is still humming along, has the desktop, I programmed. Anyone on here remember Blue Wave for messages? Think there were maybe 300 viruses out when built my 386. Gosh 10 years.. :eek: I am ancient.

i was, like the others, impressed by this new technology. but when NT4 came out in '96 things picked up...

Well considering I was 7....

I actually never owned a PC with Windows up untill 98. I was eight when i actually got my first Computer. Mac, i have no clue what model, all i know is i played sim tower non stop.... :approve:

AtK SpAdE - I love Sim Tower. Loaded it the other day and played it for 2 days straight. When played it before, I did make it to the wedding chapel :) On my 386, had gotten all the courses for golf <links 386> I still play Super Tetris on the 386. Had an Atari, I loved to play River Raid. Asteroids, Ms. Pac Man. Was an outlet for frustration, <my dad had cancer> had gotten Diablo and met several guys from Holland, whom we played it together. I imagined all the beasties I killed were cancer cells. Since dad has passed haven't played it. I don't like NT at all. Am trying to get rid of it. Sure is something how things have change. An IBM in 1975 that was so huge taking up a rather large room. Trips down memory lane. Thanks guys!

Back