Avg Cpu Temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an athlon amd 64 3000 and the average core temperature is 20c
but my friend is running at 35 and a strange whinning sound
is coming fron his pc, i think its the power supply.
Does anyone know what the average core temp is for this processor or can someone explain the noise?
Thanks.

20C Seems normal, and 35C, is well, okay. Is this during load or idle, because 35C idle is a tad high.

20C actually seems very low (68F) unless you are running a water cooling setup. 35C is about the normal operating temp of an A64 at idle, should maybe get into the low to mid 40's under load.

My secondary computer has a Pentium 4 Prescott @ 3.6GHz that runs idle at 45C and up to 60-65C under load.

Thanks for all the info. It looks ok for the temp then but can anyone shead any light on the noise? It whirrs loud then then drops and continues this cycle. It only started this 6 or so hours ago.
ps the 35c is at idle.

A fan usually kicks on when the temps start increasing on a cpu; I here this all the time with my P4.

asus probe reports OK for,
cpu temp 22 C or 71 F
I just added a new fan abd heatsink for better fan speed and cooling.
It was 1200 now it's 3200 rpm approx.

cfitzarl said:
A fan usually kicks on when the temps start increasing on a cpu; I here this all the time with my P4.

Isn't this fan control a function of a bios setting?

I think so, although I know there are some modification programs out there (i.e. Speedfan, which I can't get to work). My BIOS has some options for fan emergency alerts, and other things that I can't remember :unch: .

my athlon 64 3000+(@2,4ghz) runs at about 30 degrees, and about 35-38 when full load. When not overclocked, it almost always runs below 30C. 35 degrees centigrade is nothing to worry about.

The noise... hard to judge. You could try disabling the fans one by one, see if that helps. Or temporarily replace the PSU to see if that's indeed the source. For the rest, some power supplies and fans make more noise than others...

edit: I just overlooked your post saying that you hear it sometimes, then it drops. You might want to check your BIOS and see if Cool and Quiet is enabled

My brothers Prescott(2,8ghz) has a temperature of about 50C when idle(I know it has heat problems, but this is kind of extreme. It has passive cooling.. already ordered a zalman :D)

No but Probe does.

Tmagic650 said:
Isn't this fan control a function of a bios setting?

asus supplys you with these controls.But no advice on useing them.
The mbd bios just shows the current settings.
But too many users don't have a manual or extra utilities cd.
asus users can download the latest Probe though.
Heres mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back