Best Anti Adware/Spyware Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdgl

On my pc I get a lot of popups sometimes even when im not online. I have read about some popup blockers. but instead of covering up the problem I want to remove it. What is the best program to delete all of this off of my pc? I have read about the free Ad-aware 6 and Spybot Search & Destroy along with others and wanted to know if a free program isnt as good as a retail product.

Lavasoft Ad-Aware, and SpyBot should work pretty well for you. Yes they are free but they do the job anyway :).

Well if you want to pay for some things like Lavasoft and Spybot I think you can, but the free versions will do exactly what you want it to, just as Acid has said.

Download the Avant browser from http://www.avantbrowser.com
This is an overlay for Internet Explorer, umpteen times faster than IE, has multiple tabbed windows if you want, and it includes an excellent ad-stopper while browsing.

On top of that, it is completely FREE.

I use Ad-Aware and SpyBot, and they do a very good job. In addition I also use MyIE2 Browser, which I think is also an overlay of Internet Explorer. It offers ad stoppers also, and since I've been using it, I very rarely get anything for Ad-Aware or SpyBot to find.

I don't know that it's any faster than IE, but you might want to give it a look and see what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back