Best Anti Adware/Spyware Program

By desdgl
Nov 12, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On my pc I get a lot of popups sometimes even when im not online. I have read about some popup blockers. but instead of covering up the problem I want to remove it. What is the best program to delete all of this off of my pc? I have read about the free Ad-aware 6 and Spybot Search & Destroy along with others and wanted to know if a free program isnt as good as a retail product.
  2. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

Lavasoft Ad-Aware, and SpyBot should work pretty well for you. Yes they are free but they do the job anyway :).
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Well if you want to pay for some things like Lavasoft and Spybot I think you can, but the free versions will do exactly what you want it to, just as Acid has said.
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Download the Avant browser from http://www.avantbrowser.com
    This is an overlay for Internet Explorer, umpteen times faster than IE, has multiple tabbed windows if you want, and it includes an excellent ad-stopper while browsing.

On top of that, it is completely FREE.
  5. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

I use Ad-Aware and SpyBot, and they do a very good job. In addition I also use MyIE2 Browser, which I think is also an overlay of Internet Explorer. It offers ad stoppers also, and since I've been using it, I very rarely get anything for Ad-Aware or SpyBot to find.

I don't know that it's any faster than IE, but you might want to give it a look and see what you think.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.