Blue screen occuring in Windows Vista - Information greatly valued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulate

Ive been trying to assist my friend with her blue screen error, she said her computer keeps crashing while its in heavy use (heavy use for her is listening to music while on facebook + myspace and IMing).. However 3 gigs of ram is more then enough to handle that and I've varified the ram is working correctly

Here is the information:

0x000000D1 (0x00000076, 0x00000007, 0x000000000, 0x8E0E6E5F)

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I also have the .dmp files but I dont know how to attach them,

And i do belive its a driver issue

If anyone has any idea's I'd be forever grateful

If you could please, attach the 5 latest mini**.dmp files

Also how did you test the RAM? Memtest?
I would suggest testing the Hard Drive as well.

If you believe it is a driver issue, simply reinstall all the drivers for the machine. Download the newest ones from the manufacturer of the motherboard's website, and install the new ones.

Use the Manage Attachments button that you will find at the bottom the next time you post. If you only have one or two attach as is. 3 to 5 Zip together in one Zip file as ComputerGuy55 advises.

0xD1 errors are usually caused by drivers but sometimes by mismatched or faulty memory.

Ty for all the responses, i think the .dmp files have been uploaded

The RAM was tested using WIndows Memory Diagnostic

Well it seems 3 say "KERNAL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED", 1 says MEMORY_MANAGMENT" and the latest one is the DRIVER_IRQL....

the Driver one is related to an nvidia driver "nvlddmkm.sys" I found a site regarding this file that even when you try and update the driver for the video card you blue screen, if that happends for you, follow this website..

http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/689444.htm
3rd post down: "Fix: Go to windows/system32/drivers and rename nvlddmkm.sys to
nvlddmkm.sys.old. Go to the nvidia directory and find the file nvlddmkm.sy_
and copy it to windows/system32. Using the cmd window (DOS box) type
EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys. When the expansion is complete, copy
the new nvlddmkm.sys to windows/system32/drivers and restart the computer."

The other ones seem to be faulting on the ntkrnlpa.exe file.. if you install a new video driver following those instrcutions, see if you still get blue screens.

How do you read thsoe dump files if I may ask? May not be regarding the previous posts, but this is something I'm highly interesting in, could you lin me to a website or something to show me? (I dont mean to sounds rude or whiney, my apologies if I do)

And thansk alot guys - I figured it out, for further information being able to read those dump files will help alot. You guys are amazing

It seems i cant do the EXPAND.EXE thing, typing it correctly but catting "can't open input file: nvlddmkm.sy_

I placed the file in Windows -> system32

they forget to mention this part

when you are in CMD, type "cd \"
then type "cd C:\windows\system32" then try EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys

should work just fine then.

I followed

when you are in CMD, type "cd \"
then type "cd C:\windows\system32" then try EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys

And im getting

can't Open output file: nvlddmkm.sys.

Oh, you have to run CMD as Administrator for it to work. So type CMD in the search bar at the bottom then right click it and Run As Administrator, then do the command.. I assume ur running Vista or W7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back