TechSpot

BSOD and STOP: 0x000000BE

By Mikheil
Sep 5, 2009
  1. i wasn't doing anything on my PC, i was asleep and left it run overnight

BSOD sad STOP: 0x000000BE (0xDD4b000000, 0X73BF0121, 0xB8503618, 0x0000000B)

AT the bottom it sad
    Ntfs.sys - Address B7CA3BC6 base at B7C82000, Datestamp 48025be5

I didn't add any new hardware for long time also i didn't install any new software lately.

Attaching minidump. If someone could help i'd be very grateful.

The Save Dump in Event Viewer says this

Details
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 1001
    Source: Save Dump
    Version: 5.2
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_BUGCHECK_SAVED
    Message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: %1. A dump was saved in: %2.

Explanation
    The computer has restarted from a bugcheck. The event log contains details about the cause of the bugcheck.

My specs are as follows

eMachines T3418
    AMD Athlon 3700+ 2.4 GHz Clawhammer
    Mobo: K8MC51G
    RAM: 2 gigs of DDR 333 PC 2700 OCZ (3-4-4-7 timings)
    GPU: Ge Force 7900 GT 256 MB
    PSU: Thermaltake Purepower 500 Watts
    160 gig Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 8 mb cache

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

Bug Check 0xBE: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
    This is issued if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment.

Unfortunately there was nothing definitive given on which driver is the cause and in other things I have read it can be due to hardware.

If you google 0xBE there is tons concerning this error. Since it mentions NTFS.sys do the two following things:

1. Run ChkDsk.

2. Run a harddrive daignostics. You can get a free utility from your HD manufacturer's website.

3. Mikheil

Mikheil TS Rookie Topic Starter

okay thank alot Route44. yeah i Googled this BSOD error and yes i did run Check disk utility on start up. i checked both options in that e

error-checking utility. i also ran System file checker, sfc /scannow, just in case. and yes i am gonna visit Seagate to see what disk

diagnostic utilities they have on offer. on another note, will a complete memory dump give you more info to work with instead of small 64 kb

dump ?
    ok, i am installing Seagate Seatools for windows. i will report back with results.

P.S. did not want to bump this thread. i ran all the battery of test with Seagate Seatools and hard drive passed them all with flying colors.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.