BSOD Asus G60JX laptop

CloneXpert

Hi,
I've bought a gamer laptop not long ago and had some BSODs and I really worry what could the problem be, it did happen randomly, I attached 2 minidump files. Please somebody tell me what's wrong. I'm using Win 7 64 bit, config: i3, gts 360m, 4gb ddr3 ram, 500gb hdd 7200rpm. I don't think it's overheating, the card doesn't go above 85C and as I've been reading that's normal when it's under load, and the BSOD's wasn't happening while it was on full load. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    51.6 KB · Views: 4
Both errors are 0xC2 and these are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software, Both cite the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys as the cause of your system crashes.

Go to the laptop's manufacture's website, find your exact model and update the latest video drivers.

Not at this point. See if updating the video drivers works. Do you use a colling pad?

Well I have the latest from the nvidia site, I can try to find one on ASUS website. No I'm not using any coolpad, but I was thinking about buying one, I just didn't know which would fit very well to my laptop

Go with the one's your laptop manufacture's have or rollback to an older driver.

As for cooling pads, they are all pretty well the same size. My personal preference is the ones that blow the air to the laptop rather than the ones that draw the air away. But, again, that is my preference.

ok i just reinstalled the windows, cos i think the problem was also virus related... let's see if this solves the problem. I feel only the gpu getting really hot, if i touch the back panel of the laptop it's cool, there's a huge fan which turns on when the gpu gets like 78C and bursts the hot air to the left side. I wonder if there's a way to help that fan to draw that air or cool that place somehow. I think only that part might need some extra cooling? do you know what i mean? any suggestion what should i do ? thanks a lot for your help !

Hi again... it's still happening randomly... I think it's something else now can you look at it please ? thank you

Attachments

• MoreMinidump.zip
    121.7 KB · Views: 1
Two errors are 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT
Attempt to reset the display driver and recovery from timeout failed.

The other error is 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

All three cited the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys as the cause of your issues.

I still don't know what to do... I tried out some drivers but... it happens rarely and randomly. These were the last ones, but I'm sure more will come sooner or later :(

If this is still under warrenty I would have the manufacture fix this issue. When you contact them tell them of your issues and give them your error ccodes as well as the fact your minidumps were read and the driver cited as the cause.

Hi, I did. They cleaned out the dust, updated the bios and they tested everything. They said there were no errors and no BSODs. Since I got it back, I had BSOD once. Now i reinstalled win 7 and I keep getting BSODs with 3b errorcode in service asdsm.sys. Just recently another one with 24 errorcode in ntfs.sys . What could be wrong ? :( Thanks for your patience and help

hi, I got some virus from somewhere, and i reinstalled, I thought I could keep my old windows, so it was renamed to windows.old (just to get back some old stuffz). When I tried to delete that folder later, I couldn't and I got the BSODs. After several attempts I went to reinstall again and formatted that partition, now it works and had no BSOD since that. So this time it was a virus.
Btw at the service, they didn't do anything, just put the old driver (what i was using initially) and updated the BIOS, maybe that was the problem...

Thanks for your time and have a nice day =)

Hi, I know this thread should've been marked Solved by now, but I'm still having problems from time to time.

I've been watching a movie, and in the middle of that suddenly I got a BSOD. And now, I start the machine, and at the login screen as I wanted to type my password another BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD comes up... What could cause this? It seems to be a memory problem, but it comes rarely (pls keep in mind that I was testing it with memtest so as the company who handles the warranty issues and none of found any problem)

Thank you for your time and patience, I'd be very thankful if you could help me out with this! Have a nice day!

Attachments

• md.zip
    63.7 KB · Views: 1
Hey Clone, sorry to read of your continuing issues.

One error is 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

The other is 0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

Both only cite Windows OS drivers as the cause and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help.

* I am wondering now if the issue really isn't software/drivers but hardware, particularly your harddrive. Suggest you run a harddrive diagnostics on said harddrive. Make sure you run not only S.M.A.R.T and other short tests but especially the long one.

Hi, thanks for your reply, I'm really happy that there is still someone out there who doesn't give up =)

Well I can hardly believe that it would be a harddrive problem at the stage when I boot the system up and at the login screen it just crashes. The thing is that it comes very rarely, so it's really hard to figure out what could cause it, I suspect it's still a driver issue, but I don't know which one causes (or maybe the BIOS? the BIOS update seemed to solve the previous BSODs, but I still got these one)

Ok I'll test the HDD, but the service which handles the warranty already checked every hardware piece and they claimed that no BSOD occured while the laptop was under their hands.

I'll post if I find anything new. Maybe I should update some driver from here http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/Asus+G60Jx+Drivers what do you think?

Thanks again for your help, I highly appreciate it ! :)

Hmmm, I am wondering then if it is an Asus thing because we've seen it many times when laptop manufactures add their own driver packages and sometimes they cause issues.

The poblem is there is nothing to indicate that Asus drivers are the issue. The reason I suggested the harddrive is because you've already done a reinstall and if by chance the harddrive is defective it will certainly interfer with the OS and other software.

After reinstalling the OS what software did you reinstall?

Update: One of the Windows OS drivers cited in fileinfo.sys. Computerhope.com writes "If you've recently been getting errors with fileinfo.sys it's recommend you unisntall and/or re-install any programs recently that may have generated this error."

Another C2 bsod... I was playing NFS Shift, and when I said Quit, Blue screen comes up, and I'm sure this happened before exactly like this. Menu -> Quit [ENTER] -> BSOD... does this mean anything?

Attachments

• 101210-19328-01.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
The Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys was cited as the cause of your system crashes. Refer back to Post #10. It is the same thing as before.

Did you update the latest drivers from the Asus website for your particular laptop model?

No, because that was causing even more problem, but it seems there are either more problems at the same time with the laptop: driver fault and memory or harddrive; or just the BSOD gives errors which has misleading message no ?
I install again the latest nvidia driver...

Okay, if you can list all the things you have done in the attempt to correct your issue after your last reinstall and we'll take it from there.

I had quite a few of reinstalls since I got the laptop the only improvement was when the BIOS was updated. I think I've installed all the time the drivers from the CD that ASUS attached to the laptop. All the others softwares were used by me on my PC, so i'm almost sure the problem isn't there. I don't think games would've cause the BSODs, remember when I was watching a movie, or listening to music or even try to log in, I got the BSODs, but you can see the time difference between my posts: the previous BSOD was 1 week ago, so it's quite rare, but relatively still too much if we talk about a reliable system =[.

Since the BIOS update, i've been using all the original drivers, and I got only these C2 BSODs. Before that I got many other ones aswell including this C2, and in shorter periods, even more per day... I don't know where could I find reliable and stable drivers, so I can check it once and for all if that's causing the problem.

Thank you once again, I'd be totally lost without your help! I really appreciate it!

Glad to help. :) We have all been where you are at. I am suspecting that the original drivers that came your Nvidia graphics is the problem. But you've said the newest updates from Asus caused issues. What happens when you do upgrade?

Back