BSOD immediately after logging in to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your error is 0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER

A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

Does her PC prevent all access to her desktop? Can it boot into Safe Mode? If so, go to your mother's harddrive manufacturer's website and download their free utility to do a harddrive diagnostics. If it is a harddrive issue sometimes the utility can fix it. Do a full diagnostics and let us know of the results.

Have you checked to see if there is a heat issue? Open up her case and see if all fans are working, if there is good airflow, and clean out any dust. A can of compressed air is good for this. Heat can cause shut downs.

Do a Memtest on her RAM:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download their latest ISO version and burn to a CD. It is a free utility. Since your system reboots so quickly borrow a friend's PC.

2. Place CD in drive and reboot. The test will take over.

3. Let the test run for a minimum of 7 Passes (8 individual tests per Pass). This takes a long time but well worth it. Many people start it before going to bed and check it the next morning. It is completely safe.

4. If you have any errors you have corrupted memory that must be replaced. Also, with errors run the test per stick of RAM (remove one and run the test; switch) to determine how many sticks are bad.

* Get back to us with the results.

*** Also, attach your 5 latest Minidumps. My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Mindump Files. It is these files we need to read.

Memtest and western digital diagnostics tool had no errors. Safe mode works, I tries disabling the video drivers (which I recently updated) and the same thing happened. here are the minidumps. Thanks for the help.

4 of your 5 errors were 0x19 and the driver cited as the probable cause is acs.exe

acs.exe is a process installed alongside Atheros Wireless LAN and provides additional configuration options for these devices.

Upgrade the drivers to her wireless LAN.

* Let us know if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back