BSOD ks.sys 0x0000008e importing video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody I'm new on this forum, so thanks in advance for future help :)

The problem :

when I try to import video from my little Canon Mini DV with firewire BSOD appear with an error releated to ks.sys

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tue 02/02/2010 14.00.41 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ks.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF476BCF4, 0xECCF6200, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ks.sys
product: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Kernel CSA Library
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PC have two partition with windows xp, but in the first one (SP3) I have the problem, in the other (SP2) it's all ok.

Please help; minidump attached.

(sorry for bad english)

My system is :

Windows XP Pro 2002 Sp3
Intel q9450 @ 2.66Ghz
4gb Ram

Dan

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    43.6 KB · Views: 3
0x8E errors are alomost always caused by hardware but sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

ks.sys is a Windows drivers and it is used in Multimedia applications - Like Digital cameras, etc. It is quite possible an SP3 update does not like your Canon drivers. Can you update the Canon drivers?

By the way a) your English is fine and b) Mini DV and firewire is a great combination.

Hi again,

problem solved ! :)

I've search fo new drivers, and when i start to search for difference between partition "sp2" and "sp3" i've found that this file "CtClsFlt.sys" was listed with the driver for the Canon. This file is the problem (Creative Webcam software related); unistalled and now no more BSOD when importing ! Thanks :)

Bye

Dan

Excellent to hear. Webcam drivers can be a real sticking point for a lot of people; glad it is now working for you.

Hi Danpow!

First of all thanks for your post!! It saved me! I was having the same problem, and when I uninstalled my new creative webcam, the problem disappeared! But...what should I do about my webcam now? Is there a way I can go in and solve the problem so I can still use my webcam and capture video from my camcorder? If so, can you walk me through the steps, because i'm not that much of a computer nerd! Thanks again so much!!! You were the only one on the web that described that solution!

Hi sibealhill, I strongly suggest making a new post under the Device Drivers forum because most people here will think you are responding to danpow rather than coming here for advice.

That being said I just recently resolved a Creative webcam driver issue. What one were you trying to use? Mine was with the C500 and the bottom line was my security software in real time protection was blocking the drivers from loading correctly.

Here is the link where LookinAround gave me superb help/advice. Not all will relate to you but pay close attention to replies #'s 14 and 20 on.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic142808.html

Again, post your own thread over on that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back