LiteOn DH-20A3P-12C 20x DVD±R, 8x
Abit Fatality FP-IN9 SLI Mobo
Sapphire 1950 GT 256MB
Samsung HDD 250 (E-IDE) spinpoint
AKASA 3.5" AK-ICR-01E Internal Multi card reader
19" Iiyama PLE1900WS-B
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Desktop 6000 Cordless

Kept having BSOD for multiple reasons which I could not work out. I ran Memtest for 10 cycles w/o any errors at all. Also changed hard disks, reinstalled XP home to a different samsung HDD but SATA and changed the graphics card to 1950XT. Downloads new drivers for Graphics card and motherboard but still getting intermittent errors.

First time round used Abit firewall and had no anti-virus. Second time used windows firewall and McAfee Suite but still happening. Rarely get same BSOD message more than once.

Tried RAM in different slots. More than powerful enough PSU, brand new, no dust. Using Antec Freezer but not overclocked and CPU runs at 27 oC.

Included some minidump files, can anyone help??

Attachments

• Mini100507-01.zip
    68.3 KB · Views: 7
Bios

Not updated BIOS - was not sure if it is a memory problem, USB reader problem, MOBO/Bios problem or something software based - do you think it could be the problem?

Three of the dumps have memory corruption, and this is a sign of a RAM problem. Check that you're running the correct voltage. See if it still crashes while running each stick one at a time.

Not working tonight so plan updating BIOS and having a fiddle - the MOBO is set to default settings, how do I know what is the correct voltage for RAM and is it changed in the BIOS. Is it possible to have RAM error with 10 normal error-free cycles in memtest 86+

More crashes!

Scan are being useless with replacing the 'faulty' item, says hi need to prove the problem - any ideas?

More dmps to follow:

The problem is that it happens every few hours, maybe once per day so difficult to predict stability. Have tried one stick at time but still had crashes

Hve you ran the memtest 86 + yet? See this tutorial HERE.

Have you got any ram that you know works? You can then try that and see if it crashes then.

Regards Jase :)

Ran 10 passes of Memtest 86+ without a single error. No spare RAM floating around so bit screwed.....not sure if going to have to buy new memory to check the theory - such a pain in the **** if its motherboard that needs replacing

I am having nearly the same problem as you. I just bought this board literally a week ago and when I first booted up with all 4 of my 1gig Ballistix Ram I could NOT get windows xp 64 or vista to install without any errors, I couldn't repair or anything. I had to remove all the sticks except for 2 and it finally installed. I put all 4 back in and I have WEIRD errors, like.. 6 different ones, sometimes it'll lock up, sometimes I get BSOD, sometimes it just application errors, but as soon as I revert back to 1 gig stick in the first slot, problems go away. So I put all 4 in and ran MEMtest for 18 hours!! and it never finished, no errors with 18 passes. I removed all but 1 stick and ran 3dmark for 8 hours (because it usually crashes during games) and nothing happened, I did the same thing for the other 3 sticks and none of the sticks ALONE had a problem. As soon as I put the second one in, the problems come.

There's a BIOs update for the mobo that says that it increases the RAM compatibility but I don't have a floppy drive ATM so I'm trying to make a boot-cd to install, it may be the voltage for the RAM too I'm going to check Ballistix site to see what the voltage requirement is.

Please keep me informed as I will for you.

Wow, well it was sort of a waste of my time to type the above ^, because right after I posted I checked the Crucial's website for the operating voltage of my ram, and it is 2.2v, my BIOs had it set for 1.20v!!! I changed it, inserted all 4 sticks and I'm golden, haven't had a problem or a lockup in 2 hours of gaming.

Thanks for this post, I appreciate it.

BSODs

Hello
im new on this forum and i really need help. my pc has been working all right since i boght it 2 months ago and then, since last week i've been getting BSODs. i really dunno wats causing it n i'd b most grateful if smby could help.

here's a debuglog i performed as attachement. please help!! thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back