BSOD once, vsync and LOD issues now

ThatGuyYouDunno

I opened a video stream a couple of weeks ago and recieved the BSOD. My computer promptly restarted itself. Ever since this happened, most of my video games have drastically decreased in their draw distance for in-world objects and nonplayer characters in campaign mode. I also am having problems with my videos not vsyncing properly as they used to. These things were never an issue before the BSOD occured. My games and videos played perfectly before (i'm a stickler for smooth gaming, so i don't possess any titles which have low draw distance).

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an HP dual-core, 1.6ghz notebook with ATI Radeon HD 3200 gp

Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in the first post, this got me pretty frustrated.

It's a Pavillion dm3. Specifically, my processor is an AMD Athlon Neo X2 Dual Core L335 with 4 gigs of installed RAM, if that helps any.

Some Windows Updates are listed as optional and are not installed automatically. These optional updates are needed by some computers. I always recommend running Windows Updates manually and even if you get "No New Updates Found" run "check for updates" once more

Okay good, now lets check the hard drive for errors. Go to computer right-click on the C drive, properties, tools, check for errors and set a check for next startup

It's a free and, so far, helpful option. Actually, it flagged a couple of things just the other day I would have otherwise missed. I don't let tea timer run.

And I forgot to mention Windows Defender, but you might have guessed from your probe regarding updates.

I suppose I could delete Spybot if I were so inclined, but it sits inactive until I execute it. Is there any particular reason simply having it installed would be a hinderance?

I've got my temp files covered, thanks. I don't like clutter sitting around for too long. It sure is helpful to know that I can use MSE for that as well.

What is it that you think I should be looking into next to resolve my video and graphical problems?

If you could, detail in a simple fashion what I'd need to do using this program from a USB drive. I noticed something about a floppy disk appearing unformatted. I don't want to lose any information on my only USB drive and I don't want to transfer its data to my hard disk.

It turns out that I missed someting. The only available version for USB is for Linux only. I don't possess a disk drive. It seems that Memtest isn't currently an option for me unless I want to dual boot my PC (which I don't).

Burn the memtest86.iso file to a CD or DVD then boot from CD or DVD. Windows 7 has a burn program built-in, although I use DVD Decrypter... Simple thing to do

I'd like to refer you to my pervious post that states I would require a Linux OS dual-booted with Windows. This is the only USB option available, as indicated in the page you linked to providing Memtest downloads for all available versions.

I do not have access to an external disk drive, nor do I wish to install a second operating system.

I don't understand what you are saying here. You mention Windows 7, Linux... Is this a Netbook computer?

I have a laptop computer with Windows 7 and no disk drive. I can't borrow an external drive from someone.

The Memtest page you sent me to says the only USB bootable Memtest version available requires Linux to use.

Memtest doesn't seem to be an option. Where do we go from here?

Back