BSOD problem when transferring files to external HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just started experiencing this problem yesterday evening, when trying to transfer some 1GB files over to my external hard drive.

At first, a system restore did stop the problem for a while, but after a few Windows updates and re-installation of Microsoft Security Essentials, the problem returned. I'm not sure if it's these things causing the problem but during the blue screen, I see "partmgr.sys" being named.

I only have 1 minidump file as I didn't want to re-crash my system again. Hope this helps.

The previous minidumps have been erased as my problem was temporarily solved and I thought I didn't need them anymore.

Sorry but I just wanted to add on another thing:

In Safe Mode, there's no problems of crashing.

I've added 2 more minidump files (.dmp format). I'm not sure if you guys need it in .txt or .dmp but do let me know. Thanks so much.

Any help is most appreciated.

One error is 0x000000FC: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
These are caused by faulty drivers.

The other error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than they are designed to do.

The problem is the Vista OS driver partmgr.sys (Partition Manager for Windows) was cited as the cause but usually OS drivers are too general to be of much help.

If you do a search for partmgr.sys you will see quite a few people have issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back