BSOD problems since I built my PC five months ago

pulikuttan

Hi

My computer has had BSOD problems ever since I built it since 5 months ago. It happens about once a day.

Details:

CPU: i2500K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb
Graphics Card: MSI Radeon 6850 Cyclone
Motherboard: MSI p67a gd65 b3
Power Supply: Corsair HX650
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 3

I have attached the latest minidumps in ZIP FILE
[FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT]

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    338.5 KB · Views: 5
All errors, including MEMORY_MANAGEMENT problem with PTE (Paging Table), PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (Page File related), and ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY - are all related to memory errors, due to the Page File being corrupted.

1. Download Autoruns and save it to the Desktop.
  2. Upload Dump Files:

Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your post.

Here's how to do it:
    • Left click on the first minidump file.
    • Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
    • Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
    • Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
    • Upload that .zip file with your post.

Note: If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post in the thread about the error so we can give further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service . I recommend www.mediafire.com or another free, file-hosting service. Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file).
  3. Run a System Health Report, press Start > type in perfmon /report and hit Enter. Once it is done calculating, hit File > Save as..., give it a file name and make sure it will be a HTML Report, and lastly make sure it saves to the Desktop. Once it is on the Desktop, Zip it up. Attach that file as well in your post.
While waiting for our reply, do the following:

So what should I do if the page file is corrupt? So it is a software problem? Or is it related to hardware? What should I do next?

This is a hardware problem related to the computers memory. Perform the checks that DMJ suggests under "While waiting for our reply, do the following" The problem could also be with the memory timings or voltages. Are you over-clocking?

I have done all the tests recommended and have found no faults. What I did though was set the paging file to 0, restart the computer, then set it to 12gb and then restarted it. I haven't had any problems so far and it is three days now. Need to keep an eye on it.

Try running the system with 1 memory module at a time and see if it crashes. You may have faulty memory.

Edit: Might also pay to update your Solid State Drives firmware if it is not already running the latest. Go to the OCZ website for instructions on how to update it.

Back